Serial Number Help

Updated
GuitarTony
I have two George Lynch skulls & snakes guitars I purchased about 9 years ago on ebay. One has a george lynch signature, although I have no way of confirming if its real or not. These guitars are definitely older, if not one of the first original models made. I'm trying to get some information on what year these were made and how many built. Serial #'s: 59142 & 90501. Appreciate any info on these. Thanks - Tony
1point8t

Does yours have the reverse 'knifehead' headstock with the crossed swords inlays, or the strat style headstock with the offset dot markers? Pics?

GuitarTony

They both have the strat style headstock and offset dot inlays. Pics will be posted shortly. Thanks - Tony

1point8t

Those were made in '91 I think, they're definitely rare. I think those ones were prone to getting cracks throughout the clearcoat for some reason... I've got a '91 Empire D Chris Degarmo guitar that has a weird clear crack in it, must have been a shitty batch of clear back in that time era. Please post those pics, I love that particular strat h/s guitar.

GuitarTony

Actually, one of the guitars' clear coat is perfect, no cracks anywhere. The other one has a crack in the clear between the pickups. I've heard that these earlier models are prone to cracking. The crack didn't exist when I purchased it. It must be recent. Sadly...I've rarely noodled with these guitars. They've been in storage. I had one refretted some time ago but other than that they need to be played! I'll post pics when I get home tonight. Thanks for the help.

Stefan  V.

Not home yet?

Post to Thread