LTD Gus 600 owners

Updated
Hallowedbethyjosh
What does everyone think of the guitar?
Steve K.

sounds great mine is setup nice. Only downfall is the guitar is neck heavy and always wants to drop...you have to always kind of play holding the neck up or move the strap button somewhere else on the guitar

Hallowedbethyjosh

I do believe it's probably where they placed the strap buttons too. But anyway the falling of the neck is less noticeable while playing with the band... more noticeable while playing alone. having your right arm placed on the body helps balance too. It is such a beautiful guitar!

load more replies (1 of 1)
InVinoVeritasXXX

sounds great mine is setup nice. Only downfall is the guitar is neck heavy and always wants to drop...you have to always kind of play holding the neck up or move the strap button somewhere else on the guitar
Neck heavy=guitar strap button is on the back. Solution: Move strap button or rest arm on body a lil'.

Baby Duck

Thats for sure. My shop has one of the new Gus 200's. The black bolt on. And when i order it next monday they said it could be about a month for it.

Hallowedbethyjosh

I'd really think about getting it mainly because its 1,600$! if you dont mind neck diving... then go for it?

Baby Duck

$1600??? Every place i saw it was 2000.

Steve K.

Who saw what for $2000, I thought the ESP sig series was close to $3000 or more at least for list price.

Baby Duck

Musicans friend has the ESP for $1999 with the list $2600. My shop is actually getting it for me for a good price. wink wink. being a returning customer and all.

Steve K.

Hopefully the price outweighs the neck drop. It's funny because I asked Gus about it and he said it does the same thing on the ESP. So I guess they must know about it but maybe they just don't mind it. Good luck though.

Baby Duck

On the washburn dime guitars i had there was a bit of this problem. I just did what was mentioned before and had my arm rest on it a bit. dont really forsee a problem. The neck on my Ibanez drops like lead but doesnt bother me now.

Steve K.

It's just a design thing. The guitar is actually pretty light, I also have a King V and it balances like a dream, all in all the GUS G sounds killer, mine is tuned down with heavy strings and it sounds awesome

Hallowedbethyjosh

you actually asked Gus G. himself about it? Wow! so the guitars that he uses also have the neck drop? Well... at least we're not getting ripped off! But yeah... such a nice sounding, nice looking guitar.

Steve K.

I sent him a MYSPACE and he responded, he's Greek dropped a little greek on him in the message and he was cool enough to respond

Steve K.

I agree, I just wished that they would have figured that out before it went out for production.

Baby Duck

All of that aside i am getting it. Really wish the black NT version would come to the US. And not in LTD form.

Throne_Of_Lunacy

ive heard the LTD model plays great but really neck heavy and unbalanced
does anyone know if the ESP model is like this?

Post to Thread