ESP LTD PH-600 Sig Model

Updated
ESP LTD PH-600 Sig Model
Im looking for a good versitile guitar this year, one that can do a miriad of styles and has a trem, i was thinking about the PH-600 as its only £499 here. I want to know the pros and cons of the PH-600. I was also thinking about the PRS SE Singlecut as well, but that id have to mod a little to get it to the sonic versitility id want, where id asume the PH-600 wouldnt need too much tweeking. Also what type of rout does the trem have??? Thanks again.
1point8t

I had one for a short time last year, it was definitely a nice guitar. I'm more of a Floyd guy so I didn't find a lot of use having a Wilkinson bridge, and I sold it to one of the guys on this forum. It's one of the best LTD's I have played though, the Dimarzio's sounded great, it held tune well, and had a great neck profile. As far as the routing, it has a slight recess to pull up on the trem. A Floyd will not fit due to the post spacing differences. I'd say that the PH is a very versatile guitar, and has an awesome appearance... I just didn't care for the Wilkinson trem. I'm sure Soulfly will chime in on this matter, he still has his and loves it.

ESPimperium

I am not a Floyd man, i like the PRS/Fender style trem. Im also looking at the new LTD GL-256 model as well, but thats the same as the PRS, it would take a little modding to get there.

Baby Duck

I own one and i have found it to be a very versitile guitar. Sounds great and pretty thick even on the single coil in the neck. Deffinatley reccomended even among the other real ESP's i own.

load more replies (1 of 1)
1point8t

I just got my GL256 on Tuesday. It's killer for the money... but a little disappointing. The relic wear is a decal for one, the LTD decal on the headstock is over the clear so I ripped it off, lol, and I do have a ground problem since it buzzes when you take your hands off the strings or anything metal. Overall though, it's pretty nice, the neck is awesome and it surprisingly holds tune well. I'm going to buy some Sperzels, Graphtech saddles, and possibly bring it to a shop to correct the ground issue, under warranty of course. Then I'll probably drag it across the floor a few times to make it really look used, the relic job is pretty cheesy at best. Oh, and I did buy an ESP decal for the headstock, but I don't plan on passing it off as the real deal. The LTD logo looked stupid anyway.

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESPimperium

Thanks for the GL-256 review, im either gonna get a GL-256 and replace about all of the parts, Pickups/Tuners/USA Fender Bridge or get another Fender Strat and do the same.

But the axes on my second trem axe list are theese:

ESP LTD PH-600
ESP LTD GL-256
Ibanez JS-1200 (Used for £699 i think)
Ibanez SV-5470
Fender MIM 50s Classic Player or MIM Standard Strat
PRS SE Singlecut or Custom Trem

Im wanting it to be as versitile as i can, as i want it to be a workhorse axe, as thats how i like my guitars to be, workhorses.

ESPimperium

The thing is that the PH-600 i can get have Sperzels on it and the ones last year had Schallers and the new 08 PH-600 has them ESP Locking tuners.

Think im gonna have to try it when i am in the shop next, if they have it in as they shift stock from store to store to get sales i have noticed.

Post to Thread