Need some help chosing ltd kh-203 vs epiphone lp custom

Updated
thuwisan
hello guys i am looking for a new guitar and i liked these 2 models because they are not to expensive. What would you recommend me?? How do they play clean/distorted a few pros and cons maybe Or do you recommend another guitar maybe ? and save up for something better This would really help me out to make my choice
1point8t

They're both pretty decent guitars for the money. The bottom line is which one will compliment your playing style more? The LP will have the tuneomatic bridge setup, where the KH has a Floyd. The EMG/ESP LH pu's in the Hammett will probably have a bit more balls than the stock Epi pu's. Do you prefer bolt on's or a set thru neck? Give us a little more insight into your playing style and preferences of hardware, etc.

thuwisan

i play a lot of stuff from metal to hendrix to very clean stuff

i want a versatile guitar.

i don't know about the floyd rose or tunomatic which is better?

can you play good cleans wiyh the kh-203???

1point8t

I had the older version of the KH203 that came with the HZ's instead of the ESP LH300's. I'm not sure what the LH's sound like, but the HZ's sounded pretty decent in my guitar, clean or distorted.

The other thing to consider is that the KH is made of basswood, with a maple neck...the Epi is a mahogany body with a mahogany neck. Mahogany is a darker sounding wood than basswood, which will be a bit snappier.

You'll also get better sustain by having the tuneomatic setup over the Floyd, but then again, with the Floyd, you have fine tuning ability right at your fingertips, and if you do any kind of whammy gymnastics, you won't be able to do with that with the Epi (unless you're Jake E. Lee).

I, personally, would go with the KH. LTD's seem to have more consistent build quality than Epi's, which I've heard everything from great to shit about. The looks of the KH are overall better IMO, I dig the spider inlays on frets 1 thru 9. It's an evil axe all around. Good luck with whatever guitar you go with.

ESP

Epiphone.

Post to Thread