Has anyone tried or owned the Dan Jacobs EX?

Updated
itsallinmyh3ad
What can you tell me about this guitar? I can get a brand new one for $600, so it's a bit tempting. Let me know what you think of it.
Bridge The Void

Not a bad guitar, I just think it looks stupid, and the EX with a Floyd doesn't do it for me. If you're ok with those 2 things then I don't see why not.

JMad81

I agree with Hades. If you think its what you want, 600 is a great price. Pick it up and post pics :)

SpiderPig

The gayass bloody tampon paintjob is failure. If it would be snow white, i would TOTALLY cum on it
But go for it! That would be the deal of the month!

Matt08642

I would buy one, sand it down, and re-paint it snow white.

Borked Bob

I would buy one, sand it down, and re-paint it snow white.

I like you already

Det Brinnande Röda

EX with a floyd is win in my book.. but the blood.. uh uh

tee5150ii

Amen, but if I found one for $600 and was in the market for something new, I'd snag it.

the_emptier

600 bucks!!!! i think it looks awesome. never played, but 600 fuck man. go and buy it, even if you dont like you can resell for at least 900. if its not messed up

OutlawTorn

remove the blood, and the bat inlays, and his name and u got a good guitar

load more replies (1 of 1)
RejecterSR

600 bucks!!!! i think it looks awesome. never played, but 600 fuck man. go and buy it, even if you dont like you can resell for at least 900. if its not messed up

i like the design, kinda. i like reverse headstocks though. don't dig white on anything. if the blood was red and the background was black, the head was black, and the back of the guitar, neck, and head was black along with hardware and floyd rose...sweet. I'd be all over that shit.

BigSillyGoose

Nikki Sixx is a wanker.

SOADIronHand13

hey, i have one, and im not going to lie its pretty badass. Im not a fan of atreyu, whatsoever. however its very difficult to find a explorer shpaed guitar with a reverse headstock, emgs and a floydrose. i also own a gibson les pual and a 7 string ibanez and this guitar just blows them away. i am a big fan of blood, i think its pretty awesome. however i can see how others wouldnt like it.

InVinoVeritasXXX

For 600$, I'd say go for it on the merits of the guitar alone. If you like you can always have it painted over.

N3rdAl3rt

inlays fail

InVinoVeritasXXX

inlays fail

They're mother of toilet seat anyways. Like flags or trapezoids are any cooler.

Ooh, paint it black and put a Batman sticker on it.

Butch

pics now@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcane

I know a guy that's got one. He bought his brand new through a shop. He says it sounds great and plays great too. No problems with it. I think he's running it through a Marshall AVT 150w. But he says that it doesn't quite sound like the guitar sounds on any of their albums. I think it could be that they do a lot of post processing on the sound, or maybe Dan just has different equipment. Dunno...

load more replies (1 of 1)
ESPimperium

The blood is a detail under the clear coat from what i can remember. Looks like a totally odd axe to me, not my boat, but a pretty good axe from what i can remember.

Meshuggahman106

My friend owned one a while back.
Looked cool, couldn't stay in tune.

Throne_Of_Lunacy

the guitars plays and sounds great
but the blood graphic is sort of pixelated

garyjfoster

the blood is gay and the trem is not for me....i would look for a real white explorer...dont like the pointy edges...plus im not into atreyu

Post to Thread