Standard or sig series?

Updated
Skully-osis
Should I get a KH-2 neck thru or save a few bucks and just get an M2 neck thru. I haven't had a chance to play either. No one carries them in my area. I can get my hands on an LTD, but none of the dealers seem to carry the more high end equiptment. I don't want to make an order and be unhappy with my purchase. Any big differences between the two? I like neck thru and locking Floyd bridge with a thin fast neck. I own a Jackson soloist and a few other guitars. The Jackson being my favorite right now. I'd like to get an ESP, but I don't know how they play. Is the neck similiar to my Jackson ? As far as comfort and playability? I also have a really low action. It is 3/64 at the 12 th fret. Can I get that low with one of the ESP models? Need some tech info. to make a good decision here !
guitarsatbmusic

KH-2 Thru custom shop has the thinner neck of the three, Sig Series, M-II thru.
You can get that low on any of those guitars if set up correctly.

Skully-osis

I was wondering about that cuz if you try to build a custom it gives you a choice of extra thin flat on the neck and the others are extra thin "U". That's why I ask these questions. I like to totally research things before I make a desicion. Thanx for the info.

CyVy_84

i played the M-II a few days ago and the KH-2 a few month ago. when my memorys are correct, i cannot remember that there were any big differences at the playability. the KH-2 got some kirk extras like scull & crossbone inlays. but for some reason i think the KH-2 sounds better. perhaps the KH-2 was a custom shop model. i don't know. when i had to choose i would get the KH-2.

but the M-II has a lower price and it is still a great guitar.

MikeC

I'd say the MII would be my choice, if I were you. One thing about me is, I don't like sig guitars, and I'd rather have something I can call my own. About the necks, I have a Jackson as well, and the difference is noticable, but I accually prefer the ESP neck. I can't really make a saying on tonal differences with the KH2 and the MII because I don't know what your really looking for, but my votes on the MII.

Skully-osis

I don't really like signature series either. Thanx for the info. All I have to do is find a dealer that has an MII I can check out. I'll probably have to drive 2 hours ...

guitarsatbmusic

The KH-2 Thru Custom Shop has the thinner neck

Mr.Dahl

Standard for me. You can get the same guitar (and which is equal good too) for alot of less money. Example. The KH-2 vs M-II 'Black' The only difference is the inlays on the neck and 2 volume and 1 tone switches. Go for the M-II Standard Black or Urban and save your money and don't support Kirk ;) you know that you are paying Kirk's wage if you buy his sig. guitar?? Didn't you know that?? Now you do ;)

HateEvent

Standard for me. You can get the same guitar (and which is equal good too) for alot of less money. Example. The KH-2 vs M-II 'Black' The only difference is the inlays on the neck and 2 volume and 1 tone switches. Go for the M-II Standard Black or Urban and save your money and don't support Kirk ;) you know that you are paying Kirk's wage if you buy his sig. guitar?? Didn't you know that?? Now you do ;)

Or you can buy the guitar you prefer. Works for me. ;)

Skully-osis

I do like the M II, but none even to try in my area.I have called all around and none of the dealers sell them here. Just LTD's. ESP's are high end and don't sell as well. I guess it makes sense , but as a dealer I'd like to have some of the high end and low end at my shop. I probably will get a standard series, I just wish they came with nicer inlays and other color choices besides black, black , and ummmm, oh ya, black. I just hate the fact that I'll spend a nice chunk on an axe with dot inlays. If I do want a choice, I have to order custom and wait 8 months and pay 3 times as much. Just sucks ass.

Post to Thread