Laiho 600 SE owners...

Updated
Laiho 600 SE owners...
Question for those of you who have one of these guitars (or dont). Did they make 100 or 200 of these guitars? Also whats your opinion of it......likes & dislikes?
espdood

Mine had sloppy fret jobs..and it felt cheap. I returned it. Also, I hear other SE owners are happy with it. I guess mine's just a lemon. Reason why I like this the most is because the back of the neck isn't painted.

rocknrolltakeover

I've got one of them. From what I hear, there are 100 of them. The fit and finish obviously isn't on par with an ESP, but it is definitely nicer than the 400 series LTD that I have. No glaring problems anywhere. It's a fun guitar, but I'll probably sell it at some point, because the lack of a neck pickup kinda sucks.

arsiscode

I've got one of them. From what I hear, there are 100 of them. The fit and finish obviously isn't on par with an ESP, but it is definitely nicer than the 400 series LTD that I have. No glaring problems anywhere. It's a fun guitar, but I'll probably sell it at some point, because the lack of a neck pickup kinda sucks.

He was referring to another model which happened to be a 400 series, not another Alexi.

the_emptier

400 series?

Arcane

Haha. There is no 400 series! It's the ESP signature, the 600 LTD and the 200 LTD. I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I've got a plain white LTD 200. Bought it a couple of months ago. Thing sounds like a beast out of hell! I just have a couple of problems with it... Didn't notice it at first, but one of the sawtooth inlays has a defect. It's got like a white blotch in it. It doesn't bother me that much, but I think it's worth mentioning. Other thing is that I've noticed that the nickel plating on the hardware which gives it that gunmetal look, has started to "come off". Don't know if I got one with a factory fault. Of course I will be returning it soon to see it the problem can be remedied or if it can be replaced. Don't understand why it would be doing this, as it's only a few months old and I don't play it so much that the problem could be caused by regular "wear and tear". It started at the input jack. I didn't think much of it, but then it started on the bridge. I think it could be because of the sweat of your hands and the current running through the components which is causing some kind of electrolysis or something... Anyway, just wanted to share my experience with it, to anyone who intends to buy one of these guitars. Don't get me wrong... I think it's a great guitar. Maybe I just had some bad luck.

the_emptier

well its a low series ltd model so its not very good.

matt b.

I played one this weekend, finally and it sure dont feel like my other ESP's. I know its an LTD but the ones I have seen are still between the $850-1000 dollar range. IMO thats way too high for the guitar. Thanks for the feedback fellas.

the_emptier

^if your talking about the alexi 200 those things are only around 400 bucks and if your talking about the se then thats a very wrong price

matt b.

I did mean the Alexi 600 SE model. I have seen 2 on Ebay and 1 in person and they were in that price range. I played the one and it felt kind of cheap to me, thats all. I would like to have one but not at that price.

Post to Thread