why no certiphicate of authenticity on my KH2?

Updated
MasterOfPuppies
hello why my ESP KH-2 neck thru CS came without the C.O.A? it is a 2005 model
ice7400

hello
why my ESP KH-2 neck thru CS came without the C.O.A?
it is a 2005 model

It's Ed Roman's fault

:hat:hat:hat

Paul 777

My 2005 CS KH-2 didn't come with an Artist COA, just a Custom Shop COA. If that makes sense?

moosemeister

i dunno. maybe the fact that its a 2005?

if not...try to contact ESP and tell them about it.

MasterOfPuppies

i wrote them, i'm waiting an answer...but nothing from a month...

moosemeister

i wrote them, i'm waiting an answer...but nothing from a month...

if you can call them...itd work, cuz youd actually be talking with a representative.

if you didnt get anything for a month either...maybe they just sent you one

MasterOfPuppies

Still waiting for it

EXPcustom

Keep waiting, if you didn't have it when you bought it you never will get it.

HateEvent

Did you buy it new?

My 2003 CS KH-2NT has a COA.

Pims

my cs came with a COA, they all should. Is it a K05xxxxxx serial?

ESP 348

Still waiting 10 years later lol.

EXPcustom

Just an FYI the COA thing is mostly an American market thing ESP USA started doing because Gibson and Fender started doing it in the 90's. Most Japanese market ESP guitars don't come with a COA, it only started to catch on in Japan in the last few years. Like you wont find original KH2s or Zorlacs or MX220 or 250s with COAs just because they didn't exsist back then.

Me personally I could care less about a COA when it comes to some of the bad ass Metallica sigs that ESP and ESP of Japan put out. I don't need a piece of paper telling me my MX220 was real.

MasterOfPuppies

Yes i bought it new and it's from 2005 from the CS in Japan. I read somewhere depending on the year, it would have come with or without the COA.

It would be a plus to get it, but it's not that big issue...

Maybe in the next 10 years it will arrive, i'm not in a hurry 

ESP 348

I have 2003 KH3 CS guitar that was ordered from the ESP factory in Japan and it has a COA dated April 2004.

NRudy

my esp customs in the 90s late 90s and early part in 2000's rarely came with COA, if i cared i'd ask the dealer they  got me some. when i would sell them after I used them. back then the kh-2 and kh-3 in nyc were like $900-$1300 in 2001. so my kh-3 from 2003 came with one but from 2001 did not come with. the kh-2 from 2003 and 2004 did not come with a coa. the kh-2 from 2007 2011 and 1997 as well as the ouijas from 1999 did come with coa. yet a 2013 and a 2014 guitars of kh-2's did not come and i asked the guys to get them for me and they did.

so in short usually a dealer would be able to get it for you if you ask them, my ouija from 2017 natural did not come with the original build sheet and  they overnighted it to me from japan.. if you live in the USA most likely it will come with a coa but some sigs from some periods just did not come with them (maybe because of this alleged fire that happened and around 2000 messed up many of their records ?)  most other countries to my knowledge (i'm sure there are exceptions)  not even in Japan do they put coa's on the sig. series guitars -rather only on the limited runs like the kh-20 ,2009 ouijas, 2011 maybe custom kh-se, and the vintage relic, etc.. would come with the COA in almost all countries.

seemed though for james hetfield ESP's they always came with COA's at least the ones I have. 90s-2017.

Sephiroth

What place sold you the Natural Ouija but forgot to put the build sheet with it? Did you get the photo and COA?

ESP 348
Sephiroth wrote:

What place sold you the Natural Ouija but forgot to put the build sheet with it? Did you get the photo and COA?

Lol, yeah. Almost hard to believe that it wasn't in there when they shipped it out.

NRudy

yeah i got the photo and coa, but the build sheet came straight from ESP after.

ESP 348

Yeah, as I said hard to believe that they just forgot it lol.

NRudy

honestly i did not ask what happened but either they forgot to include it or esp did not send them it anyways I have 3 of the build sheets since I did not receive one at first. a few days later mine was sent but it came bent and ripped. So they called ESP who overnighted a few to me. However since they did not send it to me for whatever reason and they did not as agreed overnight  on fedex overnight overnight the guitar to me, they refunded me $650 as well as  plus 3.2% of the gross order. yes i guess its hard to believe you would think they know what they are doing, but for whatever reason it just did not come at first. I have purchased a good 2 dozen guitars from them  over the years  mostly PRS private Stocks & Gibson Custom shop guitars and ESP (as well as gear). Do we have any new buyers ? do we know who bought any other ouijas yet ? @ESP how are you mate (seems you're the only one who doesn't  lol bully me and I hope your doing OK did you get yours yet ? do you have an updated list of ouija natural owners  or know who has #13? I wonder if we ever saw a ouija  guitar from 2009 in black or white with a customer getting #13 does kirk use them ? (has he used the natural ESP live recently I wonder how many were made for him and the   I am currently on holiday traveling with my wife. I wonder if anyone that purchased the ouija natural paid the Map of $12000 usd. or got it discounted or a nice deal..... Which stores has them in stock if anyone knows even around the usa/world and how much are they still ? did the hype die down ? I think its a fantastic guitar I really love it and it plays to my strengths as a guitar player.  im not sure hoe much each one weighs a tad over 7.7 Lbs. / but I got very lucky with mine is.

who would pay more for #13 or #1 (is it a think to get the last run # like in this case #25 ?) did anyone get a deal on their guitar or did everyone pay the same $12000 which i cant believe us the price, We could've ordered maybe 3 Esp custom shops, or 2 nice exhibition series ESP's, etc.. Since they messed up 3 or 4x (saying it would be overnighted by a certain day as well as forgetting the build sheet which can be as simple as they forgot or they knew it came to them ripped a bit and wanted to get a new one from ESP... I honestly do not know at all  what really happened however they did claim ESP did not send it to them and when i spoke to the Vice President of the Guitar store  and they made it right, so I got a decent deal at least I think, still with the discounts and gear and AMex gift cards,  Anyways there like 8 feet of snow and a blizzard with high winds in NYC i was told, I am glad I left before it came.

Here is my questions by the way ...

would you rather pay $12,000 for  a KH-2 purple sparkle ESP custom shop  and demonology or another vintage and still prob get

Or a one off in your fav color  (or most exhibition series you might love) and a custom shop snapper as well as a Kh-2 vintage ... the ONAT 06 I love my #6...

Post to Thread