Alexi Laiho pink saw tooth custom shop.. anybody have one..?

Updated
juninho35
Does anybody have one of these..? Interested in feedback if you have... Link to guitar on ESP Japan site
Paul 777

No but there is one on the US Bay....

guitarsatbmusic

What would you like to know?

juninho35

What would I like to know..?

Ok.. I am thinking of buying.. But I need to order specially here in UK, so three's no chance of seeing/trying one first.. so I'd like some general impressions and specific feedback from anyone that has one..

I take it BM do have one, in Oz....

- general impressions
- sound compared to other alexi models
- sound compared to other ESP models
- foibles

etc..

guitarsatbmusic

We do have them, yes.
- general impressions

Finished as perfectly as you'd expect. Extended cutaway is a bonus, as is the MM-04 with the right amp

- sound compared to other alexi models
Same as any other CS Alexi with the same pickup and MM-04

- sound compared to other ESP models
Nothing to compare it to unless it's an RV CS. Closest is probably actually KH CSs and the like in alder. But there's no direct comparison

It's a great looking guitar, maybe the pink's a little out there, but nonetheless, with the extended cutaway it's a step above other Alexis, and the scallops

- dislikes

I like the scallops somedays, and other days I don't exactly know if they're practical only up that high.

load more replies (1 of 1)
juninho35

Thanks for the feedback.. Most helpful.. How do you think the guitar compares to the Jacksons (may be a dirty word around these parts)..?

juninho35

Sorry.. just looked at you pics.. the hardware looks chrome.. i thought that they came with black hardware..?

juninho35

looking at the pics more closely.. maybe it is black.. just shiny black..? or gunmetal..?

guitarsatbmusic

Black Chrome man

juninho35

Shane..

I picked mine up today (I am in the UK, so there are delivery delays) and it's just like yours.. a K serial.. Jan 2008 date.. Custom Shop.. with the EMG HZ 2.. The model name, on the COA, is Alexi Pink Saw Tooth.. It's exactly as your photo's show..

Love it so far.. I am V happy with it..

Anyhow.. Isn't it always the same, things move on since you place an order..

I notice that the export catalogue now shows two pink saw tooth models.. a CS and a STD.. (there was only the CS one until recently).. Apart from the CS now having the seymour duncan blackout, are you aware of any other differences between the two..

How do the CS's differ from the STD's.. ?

.. and how do you tell between the two (is it as simple as the "custom shop" logo..?)..

Sorry for all the questions..

Dave

juninho35

Because it has the MM-04 booster pre-amp circuit in it.. so it boosts a standard p-u rather than an active one..

Older models, without the MM-04 pre-amp booster, used the H4..

The new custom shop models (March 08 on, roughly) come with Duncan blackouts.. it's unclear if the MM-04 works with these or not as they are active.. Maybe it does, but more as a trim circuit.. or not..

guitarsatbmusic

Signature Series will have a different serial number and be the same quality as a regular SV

juninho35

Ah.. Right.. I remember now.. Thanks Shane..

Anyway, for those of you out there contemplating buying one of these guitars, I can only echo what's posted on other threads, these things rock.. I cannot say there is any disappointment whatsoever for me with the H2 pick-up.. But maybe that's because I'm less keen on the active sound anyway.. But you can always change them.. The playability and overall quality is just fantastic.. Much better than custom built Jacksons I have seen..

If anybody has a pdf manual of the MM-04 booster instructions, I'd be grateful for a message, as I need to get hold of a copy....

juninho35

Sorry.. I confused the H4 with the actives..

The new STD series sawtooth sigs etc now also have the H2 as well, I belive.. whilst the custom shops all now have Blackouts.. (ref the export catalogue)

No more H4's, I think..

The only reason I can think (and I seem to recall this reading oon here or on BM music's forum) is that Alexi Laiho tried the H2 in the original pink sawtooth model.? (hence mine and shane's having the h2).. and now is trying the blackouts (hence new ones having them).. if you follow..

metalmaniac 13

Hi dear friend is possible to send me pics of the guitar i really intersting!!!
How you sell it?

Thanks
George

Post to Thread