JH-600-Kahler Hybrid

Updated
Bucky Gone AWOL
Hi guys, is this like a licensed floyd rose to a OFR (i.e. cheaper version)? Any help would be great.
riku

it's a cheaper version, but it's still made by Kahler.

shakeESP

^ Meaning you can easily downtune without screwing the tuning of every string and not spending forever setting it up every time you want to change to another tuning, maybe?

-Chris

Throne_Of_Lunacy

i find kahlers are easier to use but floyds stay in tune longer
ibanez has amazing trems and they stay in tune with alot of abuse

Throne_Of_Lunacy

oh and i have a question
why do some JH-600's come with OFR's?

coyote

oh and i have a question

They used to come with Floyds, not anymore.

xdaynex

oh and i have a question

prob cuz jeff hanneman began to use floyds when he was first endorsed by esp. but kerry king has alwayz used kahlers i think. so i guess he gave it a try and now all of his sig line up from 2008 have some kind of kahler.

xdaynex

Hi guys, is this like a licensed floyd rose to a OFR (i.e. cheaper version)?

Any help would be great.

well, actually itz kinda a licensed and itz kinda not. cuz itz styll considered a floating trem but this one rotates on what kahler calls a "cam". but a lot of kahlers brdiges that dont even look like ofrs have been modded by kahler so that they can be better. but most ppl like the ofr. and i wouldnt rlly call it cheap ass lfr, but just a slight downgrade from the 2315 which is used on the esp ones. but on the plus side-it turns into a hard tail if u gotta change tunings:)

Throne_Of_Lunacy

ah alright

Slatanic

Hanneman has used Kahler on ALL his own models. He personally hates Floyd Rose trems.

The production models were never fitted with them.
Except the MS-320JH (Slayer logo @ 12th fret)
And my S&Key :evil

I think Kahler was going out of business at the time and resorted to the floyds. |I

Post to Thread