Edwards Alexi Laiho vs LTD 600

Updated
jellybellybean
I'm saving up for an Alexi sig, can't afford the ESP's, and don't want the Alexi 200, so I'm just looking at the Edwards and the LTD, but from what I've heard, the Edwards is better? I think I might go for the scythe model, does that come in all colours? and I was after a white one, but I've noticed they seem to have a painted neck, where the black one doesn't, will that affect speed of the neck much? Also, I was thinking of probably changing the pickup to a Seymour Duncan Blackout, should I buy an Alexi with the gain booster or not, if I do will it make the HZH4 sound much better, and would I still be able to use it with the blackout if I did end up changing pickups? Well think thats it, sorry about all the questions, I live in New Zealand and I don't think theres any Alexi signatures in the shops here to try Any help would be awesome, cheers :rollin
the_emptier

*cough cough* fanboy *cough cough*

idk but there really isn't that much difference between the two.

savageshredder

jackson rr24 is better IMO

capoeiraesp

dude the general rule is that edwards are slightly above the ltd 1000 or signature series in quality. Between the two however there are minor cosmetic differences i.e the white ltd has blacked out stripes and the edwards just has boardered stripes. I like the edwards stripes better. You don't get the alexi signature on the headstock of the edwards. You don't have the choice of the black with white stripes with a plain neck in the ltd range, which is a badass lookin model. The painted neck will not affect how you play. I hate hz pickups, a few people love em. The booster can be used on most pickups so i'm sure the blackout shouldn't be an exception to the rule. Be aware the alexi's aren't a sit down guitar. Other than that they're shit hot guitars bud. My advice is go for the edwards.

load more replies (1 of 1)
the_emptier

no one besides myself has played mine im to protective lol

Butch

edwards

brianhaaake

why buy a jackson when you can get an edwards

Greatdeceiver

Get an SV standard. It is alexi's shape but w/o his name on it but with 2 81s pickups (and slightly worse quality) and costs half? of any of his RVs. Unless you feel ofcourse that you will never get bored of playing the same style on one bridge pickup.

N3rdAl3rt

edwards cuz they're slightly better quality and don't look stupid

_koppen

Im gonna get an edwards from ebay tomorrow, should i take the saw tooth or the arrow head?
and directly the EMG_HZ gets to leave way for an Seymour Duncan blackout ;P

CL4P-TP

^Saw tooth.

N3rdAl3rt

Scythe

CL4P-TP

I would have said Scythe, but the fact that he didn't list it made me think he didn't want it.

N3rdAl3rt

yes but he should reconsider lol

Throne_Of_Lunacy

In my opinion i'd get the Edwards, but the Alexi-600 is an amazing guitar also.
The choice is yours.

MyApocalypse

ALEXI 600 OWNS.
believe me.

jellybellybean

Well I ended up going the the edwards scythe and its f***in awesome, savin up for a blackout and a couple of other things for it now lol

brianhaaake

Well I ended up going the the edwards scythe and its f***in awesome, savin up for a blackout and a couple of other things for it now lol

thats what i have dude, isnt it the best guitar you have ever touched lol?

Throne_Of_Lunacy

hah thats sweet have fun with it man

MyApocalypse

get the LTD 600. For some reason lots of people avoid it and i don't know why. It's basically the same as the edwards, except the lenghth of wing, paintjob etc. I own one, and it's a kickass guitar, especially since they don't cost alot.

EDIT: did this kid make a purchase yet?

jellybellybean

yea i got one a while back, its fucken mint and im stoked with it, easily the coolest metal guitar ive seen, sounds wicked, plays wicked, and the floyd doesnt go outa tune ever. still waiting on some money for a blackout though... just saw bodom play in new zealand last night, fucken awesome concert and i got henkaas pick :D

Post to Thread