André Olbrich Custom?

Updated
Shamino
Hey hey, i'm (clearly) new here and was just wondering- I'm a massive fan of Blind Guardian. But they don't show up on the ESP artists area nor in any of the signature areas. I know André Olbrich has a godly ESP Custom- I was just wondering if i'd have to find its exact specs and order that, or if there's plans to release a signature? Any info would be appreciated.
TheGuardian

Hey! Welcome to the boards.

André's ESP will probably not ever be released as a sig, since he is not officaly edorsed by ESP. To get one like his, you're only option would be to order one through the ESP Custom Shop.

Shamino

Hey, thanks! I believe its a custom Horizon with EMG's in it, but I don't know for sure. Could someone perhaps take a looksie at blind guardian pics/vids/fans of BG would be able to tell me?

Shamino

I don't care what it takes. I want a replica of that guitar. The solo he does in 'Valhalla' on the 2004 tour is mind numbing, I just can't replicate it on my Ibanez.

Scott

The headstock is doable afaik, outside of North America.

TheGuardian

I think he uses dual EMG 81s in his guitar. Not sure what kind of wood is used, but maybe mahogney or alder?

phil

the jackson headstock is only avail for japanese orders i believe.

Scott

Nope. I thought about getting it for my custom, and I'm in Europe.

Det Brinnande Röda

Nope. I thought about getting it for my custom, and I'm in Europe.

WOuld have rocked.. but it's still pretty nice so.

Scott

:D

Mark K.

what's that tape thingy going on there? is it just tape? or someting else...

Trogdor

what's that tape thingy going on there? is it just tape? or someting else...

I've wondered that for a while myself. It doesn't really look like tape to me, though. Maybe it's something so that his arm doesn't stick to the body?

Stratovar1us

Since it looks like the original horizon they wouldnt do a sig i think but he deserves it more than most of the artists on esp website.

Post to Thread