Wtb: Jh-3

Updated
ReigningBlood
If anyone wants to sell their JH-3 or knows of one for sale, I'd like to buy one. I'm looking to get one as close to mint condition as possible. Must have references (ebay, forum members, etc.) please. Thanks!:hat
Microdomus

Showing the owner a pic of his own collection is a bit...........:rolleyes:

strngthbyndstrngth

Showing the owner a pic of his own collection is a bit...........:rolleyes:

it was a joke....kinda like the owner of the JH-3 asking what a JH-3 is ;)

I know that's Keiths collection, I did the Mummy for him

emg32

If anyone wants to sell their JH-3 or knows of one for sale, I'd like to buy one. I'm looking to get one as close to mint condition as possible. Must have references (ebay, forum members, etc.) please. Thanks!:hat

You do realize what the JH-3's go for these days don't you? If you find one for sale, and that's a big if these days, that's mint or close to mint with COA you are looking at probably $4000-$5000.

Only 100 hundred were made and of those 100 I would guess around half of those are beat up or destroyed and maybe 30-35 of them still mint or close. They are getting rarer by the year and the price keeps climbing.

Good luck anyway though. Your best bet IMO is to stay off of Ebay if one pops up, unless you want to get into a bidding war.

R11GJH

EMG you are correct in what you say. How many times have there been threads trying to locate all 100 JH-3's and only 10 or so members post pics. Look at the JH-3 on ebay couple of weeks ago, it wasn't mint and the emg's had been swapped for duncans.. Whats that about? Surely it would be cheaper to get a Eclipse and mod it, not do it to a limited CS sig of a limited number.

Dark Alone

I wouldn't mind a weathered JH3 honestly. So long as it wasn't like epically fucked. :lol

But it would still be crazy pricey most likely.

Pushead

Well, I've chipped my JH-1 by accident. That's part of the reason it pretty much stays in it's case now. Hopefully, I'll get the wall hangers up next week, and that will change.

Metlupass2

That fuckin sucks Phil....I would honestly start crying like a little bitch if I did that to any of my guitars.

load more replies (1 of 1)
scottph

as long as you got the money, i wouldn't care about the price.
the kh-2 relic, vintage, truckster and grynch cost all less than 2k, so what.
but i agree: jh-1,2 and 3 are too expensive for what you get if you don't see it as collectible.

scottph

if i were esp i would also produce an $8000 guitar, as long as there are people who buy every metallica stuff with an esp logo not caring about the price.

sean106OCD

Ok Mr ex fan boy collector as I sold them all but the Grynch and JH-3 mint.

So here goes my opinions.

Everyone is talking back and forth price and looks and how close it is to James' guitars, ok?
What everyone is not talking about is the TONEZ! :)

Ok so IMO even though they are bolt ons, or may not have the same horn, or the same exact paint color. The woods and tones IMO beat out a lot of guitars. Like for example. The JH-2....bolt on right? yuk!! your syaing right? WHo would want a bolt on explorer right? Let me tell you straight up the the JH-2 eats a set neck MX250 for breakfast. Why? IMO the woods! The Maple neck, the rosewood, the body wood is probably better quality. Hence why Iam getting 2 MX's with rose wood boards and maple necks.

Now I kept the JH-3 because TONE wise it seconds to my KL. So I would only use it for recording purposes. My FT's are superb, but sure, not as perfect as the KL or JH-3, so I would never gig with the KL or JH-3. (yes wait for the thread I am getting a band together, hence why I sold all the sigs to get non sig guitars for playing out etc) The grynch I kept, because I need the low A tuning, hate 7 strings, and with the maple neck, and rose wood, even being an LTD....gives me the tone I want.

So who cares who exact they are. The truckster for example sounds slammin in the tone department. Is it not a reason to buy it becuse the horn is not exactly lye Hets and everyone will make fun of you? No of course not. And to mention the CS. IMO IMO IMO IMO :) The JH-3 and even the Ft's which are SS's sound better for the tone I want than the CS eclipse and CS viper I had. Just my 2 cents and ramble :) Sorry.!

R11GJH

I agree you will struggle to beat the tonal qualities of a JH-3. The neck also plays beautifully.

Interesting what you say about the JH-2, I have never played one or even seen one in the flesh but I would really like to get my hands on one, I wouldn't even be worried about COA or case etc. I was thinking of ordering a MX but if you think the JH-2 is better for tone quality, I may try and hunt one down.

sean106OCD

nah man, the JH-2's are gonna be mad expensive. Just order a MXII with a maple neck and rosewood. There is an upcharge of course, but probably would be cheaper than finding a JH-2 IMO

R11GJH

The last thread here looking for owners of JH-3's resulted in this list bellow

17 R11GJH UK
15 sean106ESP New York
98 sean106ESP New York
54 ice7400 Bangkok
89 marauder6666 UK
4 sephiroth uk
73 jibe France

I know Sean has off loaded one and Ice has gained another, so it needs updating, but I would have thought there would have been more (of the 90...whatever number there is in the public domain) on the forum.

ice7400

4 Sephiroth uk
15 Sean106ESP New York
17 R11GJH UK
49 ice7400 Bangkok
54 ice7400 Bangkok
73 jibe France
89 marauder6666 UK
98 sean106ESP New York

:hat:hat:hat

load more replies (2 of 2)
R11GJH

4 Sephiroth uk
15 Murdock Italy???
17 R11GJH UK
49 ice7400 Bangkok
54 ice7400 Bangkok
73 jibe France
89 marauder UK
98 sean106ESP New York

So where are the rest?????

Fordman I don't think everyone would pay big money for LTD sigs. I put off buying a Truckster LTD until I found one that was cheap, about Just under half Recommended Retail in the UK. Also from experience you can't put the Grynch in the same box as other LTD sigs. The Grynch build quality and materials used are far better than the Truckster for example.

Fordman65

4 Sephiroth uk
15 Murdock Italy???
17 R11GJH UK
49 ice7400 Bangkok
54 ice7400 Bangkok
73 jibe France
89 marauder UK
98 sean106ESP New York

So where are the rest?????

Fordman I don't think everyone would pay big money for LTD sigs. I put off buying a Truckster LTD until I found one that was cheap, about Just under half Recommended Retail in the UK. Also from experience you can't put the Grynch in the same box as other LTD sigs. The Grynch build quality and materials used are far better than the Truckster for example.

You had me until this part. My EC400VF is every bit as good as my Grynch was. Don't get me wrong the Grynch plays nice but it's just like any other "high end" for lack of a better term LTD. Maybe the LTD trucksters just are not very good.??:confused:

R11GJH

Also Hetfield uses a production version of jh-2.

R11GJH

Fordman, maybe you are right, I have only owned/played the grynch, truckster, EX351, EC 300P and F-50 and the Grynch kills all of the other models for quality in every respect. Maybe I need to try the higher end models.

Sean the top pic is Het's original JH-3 and the bottom one of his modified production models, is that right?

sean106OCD

yeah James had a bunch of weird JH-3 prototypes till he finally started playing the Gold Humbucker one. Some had LP horns some had Eclispes Horns etc. Monty would know best :)

R11GJH

I have also seen one where the binding and pinstripe look very gold in colour.

OutlawTorn

its sad that esp stopped making it, and it seems james NEVER plays that guitar anymore

sean106OCD

some one should ask him at a meet and greet LOL

Jan S.

then nobody here would get a chance 'cause you would sell off most of your gear to bribe the jury to let you win :lol

sean106OCD

huh?? :)

Post to Thread