KH2 Relic vs Vintage

Updated
ko112
For anyone who knows... What is the difference between The KH2 Relics and Vintage? Is there any difference in build quality and sound? thanks...
KH Guitar Freak

Relic is just the first 100 runs of the KH's replica guitar, Vintage is what is afford from that point on till now...

I also noticed that my Vintage has a vintage tint to the neck, the Relic doesn't seem to have them...

As for sound and build quality, I don't think ESP intentionally make one better than the other...

ko112

so how many relics in total were produced? I believe they were made in 2001 right?

load more replies (1 of 1)
shroom

yes they were made in 2001

ko112

so do the relics have a higher resale value???

load more replies (1 of 1)
gainiac

I have a bolt-on too, and I'll be interested to hear if you hear a difference. I'm looking to buy another one to keep in standard tuning, and torn on which to get.

ko112

wow... I thought this thread was dead!

Well after a couple of months I can honestly say that the Kh-2 Vintage is superior to my KH2 bolton. Now, the degree to which someone will find it superior is subjective but i find the sustain to be way better, due to the neck through construction.

The tone of the vintage also seems to be a tad less sharp (if thats the right word...)
The one positive with a standard KH2 bolty is that the neck is ever so slightly thinner.

I just find the Vintage to be an all around better playing, sounding guitar.

matt b.

Hey ko112, might I ask where you got your KH2 vintage and for how much? I am very interested in getting one but they are not cheap. Best I have found one for (new) was $2,800..................ouch. You can send it to my pvt mwil if you dont want to disclose that info in public. Thanks

ko112

No prob... I dont mind.

I paid 2000.00$ USD brand new off ebay... Now it was probably lightly used, but with these guitars there is no way of knowing! I do know that it was produced in late 2006 so it was a really good deal.

On top of that, when I bought it (november) the canadian dollar was 10%higher than the USD, so in reality it cost me closer to 1800$!!!

GuitarsCollector

The ESP kh-2 relic is a limited edition of only 100 pieces and are very very rare, hard to find, and cost a way more than the standard ESP kh-2 vintage series.

Kirk Hammett has 2 of them: n.001 and n.002 used in every live concert as backup of his original ESP mm-290 "hot-caution".

I have this guitar and is absolutely amazing...

www.GuitarsCollector.com

Post to Thread