White Iron Cross

Updated
White Iron Cross

Please ESP, can we get a white LTD Iron Cross sig?!  PLEASE?!

Scott L.

I'm very pleased with the Ironcross and my Mesa. Great match up and the esp  has lots of growl 

boogie20

Did you get th ESP or LTD version? I normally play ESP versions, but the 5k price tag may be too much for this one for me to afford.

Scott L.

I got the ltd. 5k would not fly here lol

boogie20

How do you like the feel of the ltd? Have you ever played a ESP to compare the feel of both? I'm on the fence about getting a ltd.

Scott L.

I normally play Prs guitars . The ltd holds up . I can't say about an actual esp because no dealer here carries them. 

The feel and the playability for sure holds up against my Prs cu24 which is a $3800 guitar. 

Only difference between the esp and the ltd is the nine nut and tuners. Same wood and same specs. I personally don't think that justifies $5000 ...

boogie20

Thanks for your thoughts. Other than small differences in details, I'm thinking I may pull the trigger on a ltd. I also can't justify the 5k price tag for the esp. Although i do have a esp snakebyte, and it's awesome. And i have owned a esp and ltd truckster. There is definately a difference in quality.

Big Daddy B
boogie20 wrote:

How do you like the feel of the ltd? Have you ever played a ESP to compare the feel of both? I'm on the fence about getting a ltd.

I own the ESP KH-DC. I previously owned the LTD KH-DC but sent it back and got the ESP version. The LTD felt like the workmanship just wasn't there. The frets were hanging over the edge of the fretboard and were sharp and not filed off, and overall it didn't seem to play as well. Granted, there was only about an $800 price different since the ESP DC I bought was SS series (2012) not K series (2013-present). Also, that being said, I have noticed less of a difference between the LTD KHs and ESP KHs. I only point this out because I'm assuming the DC is made on the same line as the IC due to the similar body style...if they still even make the DC. I don't believe it is a very popular model.

boogie20

Yeah, i had a dc and i ended up trading it in to a store and only got $1000 for it. I'm assuming the quality of the ltd's are better than they used to be. But i could be wrong. I tried out a ltd snakebyte in a store. The quailty of the feel was noticably different. That's my only reservation about getting the ltd ic.

Scott L.

I guess only way to find out is try them side by side if you can.

boogie20

there are no stores in toronto that have a esp ic in stock as far as i know. oh well, i may just hold off until next year and hope they do another hetfield signature

Scott L.

La music has them .....I think steves music does too

boogie20

La music has a ESP version in stock? 

Scott L.

I'm not sure yet...have to call them

Carcaridon

I picked up an LTD version of this on Friday.  Got it for just under $900.  I'm quite impressed with the quality and build on it.  It's my first playable ESP/LTD (I have a converted KH-602-Mummy that I don't play) and I'm really impressed.  The Het Set EMG's are quite nice.  They don't have the brittle tone that I don't like about standard EMG pickups.  I play Duncan's mostly, but these were very well rounded.  The guitar sounds insanely heavy, but seems pretty versatile as well.  I was able to cover more than a few different styles of music.  Overall very happy with my purchase.  

boogie20

I got one too, It's pretty good. I'm wondering how much better the ESP version plays and feels.

Ronaldo Venesuala

The esp snakebyte reminds me of playing a vinage gibson explorer, and your right, it is a metal guitarl! I can't say anything about the ltd snakebyte bc I haven't played one, but esp sb is very lightweight and balanced very well, It almost appears to float while I'm strapped in. The esp sb plays and sounds well, no complaints. The big problem I'm having with esp/ltd right now is that I spent $4.3k for an esp sb and thought I was getting the top of the line esp sb. I didn't! As it turns out, I got the SS serial number version of the snakebyte,which is, from what I've heard from music store owners and employees, CRAP! I'm very upset with esp for allowing this to happen. I'm upset that they have done nothing to fix it, and it pains me that JH would allow his name to plastered all over this mess and make no demands that loyal fans and supporters who also purchased esp snakebyte ss versions, be made whole. I can't get $500 for my ESP SnakeByte now! WTF?  I'm pissed, esp better make this right!

Post to Thread