LTD EC-50 vs EC-10

Updated
chalybeate

I recently bought a used LTD EC-50. dated from 2009. The model has since been discontinued. It appears to have been the lowest priced LTD guitar available. The entry level LTD today is the EC-10. What were the differences between the EC-50 and EC-10? The differences according to ESP are as follows: The EC-50 has LH-150 pickups, the EC-10 has LH-100s. The EC-50 has a rosewood fingerboard, while the EC-10 has an "engineered hardwood" fingerboard. The EC-50 has ESP-branded tuners, the EC-10 has LTD-branded tuners. The main difference is the EC-50 has two volume and one tone control, while the EC-10 has one volume and one tone control. The pickup selector switch on the EC-50 is on the top bout of the guitar near the neck, while the switch on the EC-10 is between the volume and tone knobs. And the back of the neck and headstock is black on the EC-50 and plain wood on the EC-10.

Were there any other differences? Was the quality comparable or was one of the guitars significantly better? How much did the EC-50 cost when it was new, and what was the last year of production for the EC-50? My EC-50 is surprisingly capable and fun to play, and I got it for nearly nothing. The pickups sound good for the way I play. and the tuners are excellent. The guitar is loud unplugged, which is nice when I just want to grab it and play for 5 minutes and not go to the hassle of plugging in,. I had been wanting a guitar with a humbucker in the neck position, and this fills the role nicely.

Post to Thread