Fretboard cracks or pores?

Updated
dietrich l.

i got this guitar around 3 months ago during winter and now I've noticed these cracks? or pores on my fretboard.

it is made in 2021 and when i first got it i used lemon oil and changed the strings to 11-54.

humidity is around 40-50% so i am not sure why these developed... the fretboard is one of these engineered hardwood, i wish i was able to find a rosewood variant of that guitar.

is there a fix for this, or it is not serious and just keep the guitar in good condition? I don't want them to develop further.

Pushead

Those are small cracks. If you can find any ultra-thin super glue, you could wick some into the cracks. But even with the thinnest you can find, you'll still have to scrape excess off with a razor blade and then likely want to use a few different grits of sandpaper (start at like 400 and then go to 600 and 800) to even out the board.

It's probably not a huge deal on an engineered board, but I don't have a lot of experience with them.

dietrich l.

I've had a Chinese made 120$ fender copy for like 4 years and had 0 cracks while not taking care of the fretboard, I didn't even condition that once..
yet this ltd cracked on me on the first week of summer even with conditioning and humidifying, I don't know what type of wood they used on the fretboard but my god it is trash... I feel like layers of cardboard would be more rigid than this.

Post to Thread