EC 1000 Deluxe pickup question

Updated
Tony L.

So I have the opportunity to get myself an LTD EC 1000 Deluxe model in see through green. The pickups are Duncans but have the black logos on them instead of the white logos. Not normally an issue but anything I look up on this model has them with a configuration that I can't find examples of having black logos. I know it's stock as I've seen several retailers with the picture of their guitar up and it has the same black logo pickups.

Link to a description: ESP LTD EC-1000 Electric Guitar - See Thru Green | Sweetwater

Listed there as a Jazz/Custom 5 load out. Were those ever offered in black logos?

Kirk S.

I'm sure the manufacturer could commission any color or combo of.

Icefish

Is the guitar in question new or used? It could be that ESP requested black logos

Tony L.

Have they done custom logos on standard models before?

Icefish

Some of the colors on ESPs website does have the black lettering on the pickups. I think it was the blue andromeda that has the black letters. The purple one in your link also has black lettering. 

Tony L.

The one I linked to was green. I know that the Pegasus, Sentient, Nazgul, and one other model comes with black lettering as standard. I've yet to see the Jazz with black logos. Under normal circumstances I'd consider it a pickup swap aftermarket, but with multiple online retailers having this guitar with those pickups installed stock I have to question it. My hope is that this model came with the Pegasus/Sentient combo in this paint job. Perfect world and all that. It'll also let me know what to go after in other models as well if I like the sound of it.

Icefish

Yeah I like the one you linked, that one and the purple, which I love, have always had the C5 /Jazz combo. Not a bad combo but not my fave. 

It could be that ESP and SD worked out something to do black logos.. 

The good thing about the C5, replace the A5 magnet with a ceramic and yiu have the Custom, put in an A2 mag and you have the Custom Custom. And the Jazz, put an A2 mag in it and you have Alinco Pro 2 basically the Slash model

Post to Thread