Care for Eclipse 256

Updated
Matthew A.

Couldn't find specs for the Eclipse 256 CB on the website in the LTD guitar section. I'm just wondering what type of wood the fretboard on this guitar is? I am assuming it is unfinished (at least it looks unfinished to me) Care suggestions for the fretboard? Is steel wool and lemon oil safe? Also, may I ask what type of finish these guitars have? I'd like to clean, polish, and wax the body using Nomad products. Is this safe? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew A.

Found the owner's manual download, so care seems to be standard-safe with Nomad Polish and Nomad Wax on body, and lemon oil for fretboard. I'd still like to know what type of wood the fret board is made from. It seems to have a different color than the other Eclipse 256 models, but maybe this is just resolution on the screen?

Pushead

The EC-256 has a roasted jatoba board.

Matthew A.

I am guessing unfinished? This is the first fretboard I have had with inlays. Any suggestions on cleaning? Is steel wool dangerous?

Matt

Pushead

Yes, unfinished. I have no experience with Jatoba, so I'm not sure what's the best options for cleaning it.

metalhobo

any kind of fretboard conditioner or lemon oil formulated for guitars is ideal for cleaning. super fine steel wool won't hurt the wood but it's unnecessary in most cleaning scenarios.

Jake P.

Where did you find the owners manual? 

Post to Thread