LTD EC 1000 Out of tune

Updated
Eduardo F.

Hi. A short time ago I bought a LTD EC 1000 left, but when I play about two songs it gets out of tune. What could be the problem? Will it be necessary to take it to the place where I bought it? I hope you help me, greetings from Santigo, Chile.

Allan B.

Hi there, have you changed strings and made sure the new strings are properly wound and stretched?  That would be first, if you've done all that and it still goes out after a bend or two it could be the nut or the saddle.  I had a similar problem with my EC1000 on the G string, and a drop of Nut Sauce (yes that's what the product is called!) in the nut and saddle slots fixed it right up.  Also make sure the nut and saddle slots are clean of any burrs etc.

Eduardo F.

Thanks, the truth is that I have not changed the strings for new ones. I'll buy some new ones. I have also heard that i have to see the nut sauce. Some people say the same about the Nut Sauce, I hope that is the problem , Thank you! (excuse me if my english is bad)

Stevie Strings

in addition to lubricating the nut, you should consider slightly filing the nut slots.  They tend to be rough on the LTDs.  Just take strings of the corresponding size, and run it thru the nut a few times like dental floss.  Should make a big difference.

Post to Thread