Experiences with Indonesian EC-1000s?

Updated
Clay O.

Question is in the title. What have your experiences been? Are they on par with their Korean counterparts?

Allan B.

Only speaking for myself here, but my 2018 EC1000 VB is really, really well built.  I was very hesitant about throwing down a grand on an Indonesian guitar, but it is flawless.  The fretwork is on par with my USA PRS, and that's not an exaggeration.  The fit and finish is excellent and I've had zero issues with the electronics.

Every instrument is unique of course, but IMHO they are very high quality.  I love this guitar

Clay O.

Hey thanks for the input! I've actually been eyeballing a VB model myself, but seeing them changes factories and not pricing was a little concerning to me.

Jason B.

I just got an Indo Snakebyte and I agree....very well made guitar. Very happy with it.

Brian H.
Clay O. wrote:

Question is in the title. What have your experiences been? Are they on par with their Korean counterparts?

Good Guitars. Loved the ltd I've got in the pawn shop. Would buy another without hesitation. Had a Ibanez Jem Seafoam Green. Nice neck. Felt just like the Ltd did.

Fco Javier H.
Clay O. wrote:

La pregunta está en el título. ¿Cuáles han sido tus experiencias? ¿Están a la par con sus homólogos coreanos?

These changes, (at least in the ec-1001frstb) since the production is in Indonesia. I have returned the guitar.

"Hello, I bought this guitar EC-1001FRSTB in Germany, I bought it on request since there was no stock in the physical store. I would like to explain my disappointment when receiving it, because recently there have been changes in the construction of the guitar, the inscription "EC-1000" is no longer in the 12th fret, and the hardware is no longer nickel black, now it is black, Both things greatly affect the aesthetics of the guitar. I think the brand should change the photos of the guitar because it is far from what you see in the photos to what you finally get. 
Serve this comment as a warning for potential buyers and for the manufacturer to change the photos of the product for others that honor the truth. Finally I had to return it unfortunately. For my part I will continue looking for the model that I fell in love with that is exactly the same as the photo that can be seen on this page. 
I apologize for my poor English"

JC De La Ronde

I just bought an LTD EC-1000 VB with EMG pickups.
I'm waiting for it to be delivered.
I'll let you know what I think when I get a chance.

Cheers,

JC

Thrash8315

I bought an EC-1000VB over the holidays.  When I got it, I noticed a dead note.  The repairman from Guitar Center fixed it for me.  However, when I finally changed the strings, I noticed that the TonePros bridge was missing a nut for the one of the saddle screws.  ESP was great.  They were willing to send me a new bridge.  In the end, I sent it back after noticing a bad tuning key.  I got a new one.  So far, it is holding up.

This was my first experience with an Indonesian-made LTD.  I have an MH-350FM and a MH-1001FR, both made in Korea.  Both were flawless in this build.

It was surprising experience to say the least.  

Georg

Same here. EC-1000 VB. My impressions (or rather some notes and questions) are here

Mark G.

Bump.  I am interested in the EC-1000T FM, with the full thickness body and Fishman pickups.  I guess I need to try one; there's two in DFW I can try.  But seem seems like the consistency of quality from Indonesia is an issue.  

Anyone have a recent good or bad experience? 

Jared V.

I had a Korean made ec1000vb back in 2014 and now I have a 2019 Indonesian ec1000vb and honestly I prefer the Indonesian one. It came in perfect condition and all I had to do was make a small truss rod adjustment and lower the action a little (I like it very low). Long story short I love it. I play it more than both my schecter c-1 hybrid and my strandberg 7 trem right now.

Matt E.

the made in indonesia axes can be legit. I’ve bought and sold tons of guitars. Literally took delivery of an LTD-EC1000 tonight. Sliced the tape, peakishly opened the box. FOCK. Made in Indonesia. I was fully ready to give it up and send it back. Then thought no, give it a chance. Check it out, n that. Wood and workmanship is actually seriously top rate. Always expected to change out the hardware. But I’m seriously impressed with the bones. Maybe I lucked out. Be cynical, but I would say give it a go. And 10 mins ago I was livid

Edit: setup is “ok” but the nut is fucking awful. I own an EII ESP, and Japanese luthier skills are unquestionably amazing now. Better than the Fender team built and Gibson custom shop. I’ve owned a ton of guitars, both vintage ( 62 Strat, 65 Strat, 69 Strat, 34 Gibson) and countless custom shops, and to me the current ESP range is on par or better than the best vintage, at a fraction of the price. I wouldn’t buy anything else now. 3k for an EII or 8-10k for a Fender Custom Shop? ESP any fucking day. 

91horizon

check a few forum post up from this. look at the mess he just got from Indo on his burst EC. not in this thred on a newer thread.

91horizon

Matt E.

"Better than the Fender team built and Gibson custom shop."

Hell yeah! And Id add moset Korean builds especially from World Musical Instruments where LTDs are made. Gibson is shit Im sorry. Take a 5k ESP and compare it to a 5k Gibson and see the difference. An ESP Standard is like a Gibson Historical Custome Shop or masterbuilt. Whateve Gibson calls theiir top overpriced junk

Lex K.

I am waiting for that perfect Korean EC-1000T to come up, ready to wait for months. Though based on my extensive online research, Indonesian and Korean guitars can be both awesome, and it really depends on the particular instrument and QC vs. the country of origin. ESP done a top-notch  job, you would expect professional Japanese leadership to be able to do, in setting up the operation in Indonesia.

Also, someone mentioned the nut and yeah, unless you are paying $2k for a Japanese-made Eclipse, the 1000-series comes with a molded plastic nut. Schecter guitars in the same price-range come with decent synthetic self-lubricating nuts. Both brands owned by the same people, by the way, and made in the same facility in Korea... This issue can be solved by replacing the nut. This is probably the most important upgrade someone can do to the 1000-series guitar. Something I am planning to do with mine. I think it's totally worth it. There's something about the EC-1000T models that make me desire them over comparable Schecter Solo models out there. Though both are great guitars and this is quite subjective.

Hieu P.

To be honest, Indonesia is not as good as Korea, they are a strong developed country in the world. wordle online wordle unlimited makes a comment for you.

Post to Thread