Info about this guitar?

Updated
khanfu

Greetings!

I recently purchased this guitar, an LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Gold Top.  Stamped Made in Korea with serial number U11040009.  What I'm curious about is, the year it was made (2011?) and what factory the U stands for.  Also, I've noticed others of this same model have the EC-1000 stamped on the truss rod cover and others do not, such as mine.  Was having some models stamped with the EC-1000 and others not standard practice?  Any info about this guitar would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Allan B.

Nice looking guitar!

The first 2 numbers normally indicate the year, so yes this is a 2011.  As far as the model labeling I'm not exactly sure when, but they moved from stamping the model on the fingerboard to the truss rod cover in the last few years.  My 2018 EC1000 has it on the truss rod cover as did all the 2018's I looked at. 

I don't know what factory the U stands for.  I've heard that ESP/LTD had World Musical make them in Korea.  WMI makes some of the best Korean guitars out there IMHO.  They make the PRS SE Custom series.  Good stuff

khanfu

Awesome!  Thanks for that feed back Allan.  Much appreciated!  This one is in, I would say, Mint condition with the OHSC.  Not a scratch on her and no defects that I can find.  Surprisingly well kept since it is an '11.  And it sounds like a beast through my Randall RG100 Classic head.

khanfu

Happen to know which pickups came loaded in this series?  I see mentions of both Seymour Duncan's and EMG's  

Allan B.

In the 2011 catalog it lists Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro.  Page 17  https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/100/ESP-2011-Catalog.pdf?1392144828

khanfu

Awesome! Thanks yet again Allan!

Post to Thread