Mystery EXP-branded Viper/SG

Updated
jcsonderegger

Hey all,

I'm looking into a local offer for an SG style guitar that looks in all ways like it could be a viper. The only thing throwing me is that the headstock has an EXP logo that looks similar to the ESP one but different.

Is this a discontinued line of LTD guitars? Is it a modern Chinese copy with an altered headstock logo to get past customs? 

Thanks for all your help. I've been a long time lover and player of LTDs and a dweller on the forum.

Pushead

It's a fake. Headstock shape is wrong as is the body shape, knob position, switch position, stop bar.........

Nathan S.

EXP....lol!

jcsonderegger

That's what I feared, lol. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some hidden gem of an ESP line I was unaware of. 

Thanks for the help!

Pushead

It's a turd shaped gem.

I especially like the extended distance between the high E and low E tuners from the A/B tuners. It adds to the WTF factor.

jcsonderegger

Holy crap I didn't even notice that XD yikes. Well, I'll stick with my current LTD lineup then.

Pushead

He also has the strings wrapped the wrong way around the tuners on the B and G strings. It gets funnier the more I look at it.

Post to Thread