Will ESP/LTD ever offer a wider range of color choices?

Updated
Cederick F.

In the ESP/LTD cataloge most guitar models comes in only ONE or maybe two color choices.

Isn't that a little... too little? 

Charvel:

These guys often offers a wide variety of finishes so there's something for most fans.

If this "Black Metal M" (I know the black metal is a niche... but...)

came in gloss white like this here:

I would have a hard time keeping my money in my pocket 

Even yellow, pink, whatever. ESP did these cool 1-hum M guitars back in the 80s.

I know I could in theory buy the Black Metal M and let somebody refinish it, but that just adds quite a lot of money for the guitar in total. I dont have a good workspace to refinish myself.

I know I could custom order through ESP Custom Shop but not everyone has money for that...

Just letting my thoughts out 

Pushead

They'd have to call it "White Metal."

Cederick F.

I just mena release a 1000 series M-I in various colors

They made similar MIs in 80s in various colors

Nathan S.
Pushead wrote:

They'd have to call it "White Metal."

Or maybe "white noise"........

MV-CTM

ESP went crazy with models and finishes a few years ago, they cut back due to lack of sales more than likely.  For places like Charvel it's cheaper for them to make lots of colour options since they only pain the body and the neck is a separately manufactured part.  They make a bunch of necks that work on all models then paint new bodies as needed.

Cederick F.

That doesn't hinder bolt-on ESP M-II or M-I? That could be the same neck. Just have a black headstock and that will work for all body finishes.

evan north.

There do seem to be a few more colour options with the ltd ec range for 2018; see thru purple, see thru green and tigers eye. i dont know about other models though.

Post to Thread