LTD Explorer pre-lawsuit

Updated
AshesOfTheWake

I bought this Explorer a while back from a Guitar Center for $175, figuring they had made a mistake appraising it. I've tried to figure out what model it is, but I can't find anything that it matches 100%. The tuners say "Made in Japan" and the serial number is on the neck plate. The guitar plays like something worth about 10x more than I paid for it nearly 10 years ago. Anybody know how to positively identify it?

Pushead

It's an LTD EXP-200. I think the earliest model had the dots at the 12th fret instead of the block LTD.  I don't remember if mine had ESP on the neck plate, but they're easy enough to replace if the previous owner decided to.

Pushead

Just checked some old photos. The neck mounting plate on my LTD also said ESP on it.

AshesOfTheWake

So is this the first wave of them out of Japan? I found a site today that gave actual serialized models, and it looks like this may have been in the first 1000 they produced.

Pushead

Well, out of Korea, but yeah.

Richard D.
AshesOfTheWake wrote:

I bought this Explorer a while back from a Guitar Center for $175, figuring they had made a mistake appraising it. I've tried to figure out what model it is, but I can't find anything that it matches 100%. The tuners say "Made in Japan" and the serial number is on the neck plate. The guitar plays like something worth about 10x more than I paid for it nearly 10 years ago. Anybody know how to positively identify it?

Would you interested in selling it

AshesOfTheWake

This has been one of my favorite guitars for years, even more so than some of my $1000+ guitars. I don't think I could part with it, sorry bud!

Kevin S.

I've got the exact same one I'd sell if anyone's interested? 

Brad R.
Kevin S. wrote:

I've got the exact same one I'd sell if anyone's interested? 

What would you have to have for it?

Kevin S.

Sorry it took me so long to see this. I spaced it out I guess. I'm holding on to it for now. Not sure what's even worth. I've got dots on twelve but the neckplate isn't engraved but it's the same shape, has serial number stamped at the end of the fretboard kinda like some Jackson's have. I checked, not a Jackson number. That would suck! I'd sell it then haha

Jeff W.

I have the 97 and 99 floyd rose im selling the 99 

Raider_77

This 97 guitar gave this awesome hobby a spark to me!I've always had a Strat or L.P. shaped guitar.The neck feels perfect.The creator of this thread said he would put his up against his guitars that cost over a $1,000 + and he's right.Again I can't brag enough on the neck it's so fun & comfortable to play

Metallifuk866

Hey just wondering if any of you were interested in selling the Ltd explorers?

Post to Thread