Verify if KH-602 is real or fake

Updated
Hazza N.

Hi All, a few years ago I bought a LTD KH-602 for relatively cheap on craigslist. I always suspected it was a fake because of this but i was never able to verify it. I am moving soon and I want to get rid of it but since i'm not 100% sure if its real or fake I can't really sell it.

Customer service unfortunately said their serial number records don't go back this far but it looks like a mid 2000's model.

Please let me know what you think or if you need any other photos of the guitar that would help.

Pushead

It's real.

Hazza N.

Thanks Pushead.

Forgot to put photos of the whole front and head. one of my concerns was there wasn't a signature on the head and all of them seem to have one, but i guess this could be one of the earlier versions.

Pushead

The guitar is from a time when ESP didn't do battery compartments.

Viso

Hi Guys, 

Looking at buying a guitar similar to the above but it has the same serial number? 

Is this possible? Im located in Australia and the above is in the USA so i doubt its the same guitar...

Hazza N.

Hey mate, I'm in Sydney I sold the guitar in December for $600 just saw the one on gumtree and can confirm it's the exact one I sold however I didn't have it with a hard case.

Pushead

Can you post photos?

Big Daddy B

There were LTD models with no signature. Heck the new KH-Demonology doesn't appear to have one. However, I don't recall ever seeing one where the neck back wasn't painted black. That and the duplicate serial number would lead me to believe knock off.

Thrash8315

It even has the tapered neck.  Nice find!  When did ESP stop doing this on the KH-602?

Post to Thread