LTD H-51 Humbucker Height Screws

Updated
LTD H-51 Humbucker Height Screws

Hello People!  I'm in need of your precious help!

I can't find the humbucker height screw I need to finnish my guitar! it is been a very frustrating situation. Sorry to bother you with this. 

I just received a set of #3-48, 1-1/4" length (the length is not the problem) They dont fit into the humbuckers holes... This is the fourth set I bought online.

Sounds very basic, it is just a screw but I ordered a few different ones, and all are the same size or thicker! My main problem is not the screw length, it is the size. They don't fit into the metal base hole of the pup. I have 9 guitars, all of them with humbuckers and all of them share the same screw height size! It is unbeliavable!  

One donw side of this is that I don't know how to measure in SAE/Standard/Imperial.  

Well, as I mentioned in a previous post I have a LTD H-51 I got it very cheap because it needed some work. At this point I was able to get almost everything she needed. I hope somebody can help me with this.

Any ideas will be much apreciated!

Regards,

Claudio

Brian H.

You maybe could try measuring how much is sticking out after screwed in, then clip or grind that much off. Plus some filing for the rough edges. That is if the manufacturer doesn't know the correct size. Or Maybe you could get an incremental set of screws from somewhere. Just a thought. Good Luck Brother. Brian

Claudio X

Brian, thank you very much for your response.

Sadly, I can't insert the screw at all. The ones I bougth recently, that fit perfectly in my les paul and sg, are 3-48 thread x 1-1/4 long.

Doing some research I saw on ebay items for sale with the same size I've got, with a note saying that they are just for gibson, dimarzio, and other usa pickup brands and  they clearly state that wont fit asian models. :(

My measurements with a crappy plastic caliper (in mm I can't read the inch side) are:

lenght 28mm (25.4mm is an inch so at least I need an inch long screw)
head zise 4mm (this don't really bother me)
diameter 2mm 

I've tried to get some in this size but they are too long or too short.

What frustrates me is that this guitar ain't a special, custom build, or unique in any way. LTD made thousands of them, and also those G&B pickups are very popular! not only in LTB models but in shecters and other entry level guitar brands.   The only screws I saw on ebay thay can probably fit are around $9. In the end it seems that I'm going to give up and buy an used pup, a cheaper, faster and better solution!

P.S.: The LTD support was unable to tell me the size, they don't know...

Thank you again for your support!

Cheers,

Claudio

Post to Thread