Toggle switch and input jack nuts

Updated
Toggle switch and input jack nuts

Hello everyone,

I have a LTD H-51 and need to buy the toggle switch nut and washer (I've seen pics and looks like it uses a washer and nut) and the input jack nut.

The input jack looks standard but I don't know how to meassure the thread on them. I already took the size of both nuts with a caliper but not sure if the thread is metric or not. Since it is made in Indonesia they would be most likely metric. But I had an indonesian Jackson before with standard sized input jack... a mod from the previous owner perhaps? I'll never know.

I just bought my first LTD for an excellent price IMO and really liked the shape of the body and neck size. I can tell that the finnish is not excellent on the neck but that's something I would try to improve later. The thing is this guitar is missing some little parts, that's why I'm asking your help with this. If anyone had to replace this in the past and know something I would really apreciate your comments in regards to these matters.

Thank you very much in advance for your comments.

Regards,

Claudio

Claudio X

Sorry, I just find that there is a Tech Talk forum and probably this post will be better there. Please Admin move the message if you can to that forum. I wasn't aware of that forum. :(

Thank you very much in advance,

Claudio

Pushead

I'm not aware of the exact measurements, but after looking at a few of the part sites I go to (stewmac, guitarpartsresource, philadelphialuthiertools), it looks like just buying a new switch would only cost a few bucks more, and you'd be sure to get the right nuts for the switch and jack.

Claudio X

Thank you very much for your response! And yes, that's a clever option. I saved a switch on my ebay watch list if cant find just the nut and washer, is just that I wanted to keep the guitar "original". although let me tell you that the price of the switch is almost the same as the washer and nut... I found that stupid.

I've just tried with a nut from an old audio equipment (numark dj mixer) that I have in my garage and the nuts from the front headphones/phone jacks fits perfectly. So the size of the toggle switch in my H-51 is 11mm. Still don't know about the thread but that fits.

In regards of the input jack the size seems to be 8mm, again I don't know yet the thread size.

Thank you again for your help and comment!

Post to Thread