What guitar is this?

Updated
Jay P.

Sorry if this creates two threads the first one doesn't appear to me to have been uploaded.

Ok so this guy from Craigslist had a guitar for sale at his garage sale / flea market house. I asked about they email and he said it says ltd.  I asked for a model number. He gave me the serial number which starts with a sh? And also said that somewhere on the guitar it says n427. He also stated it says EC on a mother of pearl inlay on the neck. I asked if it was followed by a number and he said no.  

What's up with this guitar? Is it a fake or does anyone know what model it is? He hasn't sent me any pictures and offered it to me very cheap. I used the internet serial number system and I believe it was made on the Monday of the second week in 2011. It would be guitar 676.  

Any help is appreciated.

tim t.

Go look at it, if you can get it for cheap you have parts or its a good guitar and you get it cheap. Remember no means no

Jay P.

Thanks for the reply Tim. That's what I'm thinking I'll have to do. Haven't had much luck from esp customer service yet. 

I have a feeling it's a EC 10 or 50 maybe .  Then the price isn't a good deal anymore. Was hoping I could narrow it down a bit before I drive an hour and a half. But hey it's an adventure I guess right?

tim t.

Wow, that's a drive. Get a picture or plan something cool on the roadtrip

tim t.

Call esp customer service, you may be wasting time and money to drive that far

Pushead

Ask for a photo.

Jay P.

Push I did.  No response. I don't know if the guy is old and computer illiterate or if he is trying to hide something. 

Called esp and got the voicemail. Right now looks like I might pass on it since he wanted to sell by the end of tomorrow. 

Carl N.

The model you are inquiring about is an EC-pack instrument.  These instruments were originally sold with mini amplifiers, gig bags, a cable, and a tuner.  The letters "EC" should be prominently displayed on the 12th fret of the instrument.  The serial number should have also started with 'SK" not "SH" which I would assume was a mistake on his part.  You are welcome.

Jay P.
Carl N. wrote:

The model you are inquiring about is an EC-pack instrument.  These instruments were originally sold with mini amplifiers, gig bags, a cable, and a tuner.  The letters "EC" should be prominently displayed on the 12th fret of the instrument.  The serial number should have also started with 'SK" not "SH" which I would assume was a mistake on his part.  You are welcome.

Cool thanks man. Do you what guitar model those were initial? I assume lower level basswood models?

Jay P.

Thanks everyone. I found the picture of the plain ltd eclipse package guitar. It is even lower than the ten because it only has one pickup.

So u guys saved me alot of wasted driving. I'm gonna pass on the guitar because the guy wanted around $100 which was practically the original cost and I'm looking for a mahogany guitar not basswood

Post to Thread