M-200FM

Updated
M-200FM

Just got new strings and volume/tone knobs and cleaned it up a bit. Drop the tuning from E to C and it feels and sounds amazing. Just wondering if anyone know what I can do with a dent I have on it. It was there when I got the guitar so I wanna try to get it back to "it's original state".

Brian H.

Go To Steward MacDonald.com They Have All Kinds of Guitar Repair and Building suplies and Tips.

Pushead

"They" say that dings and scratches build character.  It's in a bit of a rough spot to fix, but luckily, black is fairly easy to do.  The simple way to get it to look better is to find a black nail polish and use light coats to build up the ding.  Over a few days, you should be able to build it up to match the height of the rest of the finish.

After that, you could consider it done, or you could do a very light sanding (with 6-800 sandpaper) and some polishing compound to clean it up to make it shiny. 

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Cool I'll have a look at that. I don't wanna just put a sticker over it. Wanna try to make it look good. Thanks for the tip.

Post to Thread