EC-256 vs EC-401VF (Weight)

Updated
EC-256 vs EC-401VF (Weight)

Hi guys!

I had the chance to try LTD EC-401VF at the local guitar store. The guitar plays like a dream, but, when playing in standing position with the strap on, its full thickness body quickly gets too heavy for me. So I thought it would be a wise move to purchase its younger brother, EC-256, and eventually replace the stock pickups with Duncan's SH-5 Custom (bridge) and SH-2N (neck) later. Now, the problem is, they don't have this guitar on stock at the local store, instead they told me I can order it if I want. Since I have no chance to try it out before ordering, my question is the following: Is there anybody here who tried both guitars or someone that can share the information regarding the weight (and thickness) difference between EC-401VF and EC-256?

Thanks in advance!

david s.

I have an ec 401fr and it's lighter than my epiphone less Paul but to help you try ordering from guitar Center or Sweetwater, both of them offer 30 day money back for any reason.

juan c.

i own both an ec256 and a ec401vf and i perfer the 401 for the weight but the ec-256 is alot thinner body wise and alot lighter i plan on replacing the pickups on mine also i just havent found which ones i want. 

schizo_deluxe

Hi Juan, if I understood you well, ec-256 is a lot lighter than ec-401vf?

Post to Thread