My basses :) !!!

Updated
My basses :) !!!

Hi to all of you  !!! My name is Simone and I'm from Italy.

Here come my basses: an old ESP LTD F-254 and an old ESP LTD F-205 I customized in a Air Force theme.

I fell in love with LTD F basses long time ago in 2004, and for years I wished to buy one of those basses.

I've bought them in 2014 after 10 years of a long waiting; it was an unexpected fluke 'cause on January I've the chance to change my old bass, an Ibanez BTB400QM, with the LTD F-254, and on July of the same year I've bought the LTD F-205 from a guy which was selling it at a very low price considering the EMG active pickups and EMG BQS electronics.

Originally the LTD F-205 was gloss black and it need to be restored, spending money and time: new Hipshot tuners, new bridge, new screws, new strap-pins, matt black powder coating on the knobs, bridge and strap-pins, alluminium sheets for the electronic box, new home made decals created with decals sheets, masking sheets, bomb sticker inlays and.... a lot of sanding 'till the wood, grain-filler applying, primer painting and newly sanding, polyurethane painting and newly sanding, and finally the matt finish on the body, the neck and on the p-ups (yes, I sanded and repainting also them).

I've painted the bass mixing polyurethane painting with model lacquer colors in order to obtain the military color I wanted to use for the fractal camouflage scheme and for the logo and the drawings on it: grey green, black, desert sand, air force grey, medium grey and so on.

I've made the masking sheets in order to repainting the LTD logo on the headstock featuring also an F-16 silhouette on the upper part of the body and a GBU-24 silhouette on the lower part of the same.

This is my first professional hobby work I've ever made, and I'm proud to have done it 'cause the luthier which I carry my basses for the maintenance after he tested it said "It sounds excellent, you've made an artwork on this bass, it's a war beast!!!"

Now I must do only a thing: prove and play it !!!

P.S.: The sticker inlays are the same bomb inlays George Lynch used on his ESP Kamikaze guitar... that fine vinyl stuffs are great, they come from Creative Cuts !!!

Travis L.

Awesome bro!! Thanks for sharing! 

Tornado Simon

You're welcome  

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Awesome dude. 

Tornado Simon

Thanks a lot

Vincent P.

Love the F series. The Air Force one is looking awsome. Myself I have a F-5E and I love it !

Tornado Simon

Thanks a lot  An F-5E? Great, ebony top on the body !!!

Stonecat

Looks great! Very nice Tornado Simon.

Tornado Simon

Thanks a lot

Kornkid

Well done!!! Really sic!!!

Tornado Simon

Thanks

Vincent P.

All Hail Manowar !!!

Tornado Simon

Hail and kill.... with power!!!