Floyd Rose Vibration

Updated
Reagan S.

I am new to guitar so forgive me if this is a stupid question:

I have an LTD MH-201. The Floyd Rose Arm vibrates quite loudly sometimes. It seems worst when I play the A major chord (out of the chords I know) and sometimes if I hit either of the top two strings hard enough. To me it sounds like the arm itself is shaking inside of the inlet and causing a loud vibration. I'm just looking for opinions on what the problem could be and how to fix it. Do I just need to buy a new arm assembly?

tim t.

Are you sure its the trem arm? Is anything loose, string action to low or are the trem springs vibrating?

Reagan S.

It only happens when the arm is in and is sometimes exacerbated by moving the arm. It also squeaks when I rotate it.

Travis L.

Check it out dude, Floyd Roses are kinda noisy. Everytime you hit notes it results in a vibration near the botton and even the nut near the headstock. The way I cut down on string noise and Floyd noise was to add Foam and velcro to the areas where the raddle was coming from. You can try this! I do this to all my Floyd guitars. This is my ESP M-II.  So Velcro right above the nut and foam down in the cavity where springs are. This is an easy way to cut down *twing and twang*

Travis L.

Pushead

Many people use a teflon or plumber's tape around the bottom of the bar to help it fit tighter in the the bridge.

I've fixed this issue on a few of my Floyd equipped guitars by buying a new arm assembly.  The new bar will also come with the bushing that fits into the bridge.

Post to Thread