Esp ec-256 dbsb?

Updated
Esp ec-256 dbsb?

Hallo,

I have trouble with choosing, i've got an offer from a guy i know for a daphne blue old strat upgraded and reliced but i also want to buy an awesome esp ltd ec 256 dbsb

- My question is what are the pro's and the cons of the ec256 series?

- can you play blues on it?

- And what are good pick ups to install on the ec with coil split?

(p.s.) if you have pictures of this guitar post them im verry curious

Austin H.

Long response, Pro's about the 256 is mostly the mahogony body and sweet flamed maple top that brings a nice look to the guitar, the coil split on the pickups gives you a variety of different tones, and having a set neck gives the guitar a little tone difference and looks professional, and you're getting all of these features for $100 more.

cons are that the pickups are the same as the lower model, only thing they are adding is a coil split on the tone knob, i guess if you think a set neck is a disavantage due to if you break the neck, you can't just slap another neck on, instead for the price of the repair, you might as well buy another ec-256

You can definetaly play blues on pretty much anything, it's alot in your hands and how you respond to blues music that will give your mindset a little more of that "soul" with the coil split you can get some really nice strat/p90 type tones, like adding another flavor essentially.

As far as the pickups go, i usually like to recommend at least 3 choices for people so you have variety, list of them are:

EMG (Bridge) 81tw / (Neck) 89R:  A little hot of a pickup, but can give you the variety you need with the ability to coil tap both pickups

OR

Seymour Duncan (Bridge) JB(SH-4) / (Neck) Jazz Neck(SH-2N) Good blend of both a hot and clean pickup

OR

Dimarzio: (Bridge) The Humbucker From Hell (DP156) / (Neck) PAF Master Bridge (DP261) Medium/Light gain pickup, enough to break up the tubes to get a broken up signal

Hope this helps!

Post to Thread