New to LTD

Updated
New to LTD

I figured I would try a LTD guitar, even a cheapy, because of the 24 frets on the LP style, and it looks and plays fine. I'm going to dedicate it to the tuning for the rain song. I bought it used from a dealer last month. He thought it might be only a couple years old based on the serial # (which is a yellow sticky label covering the real #). 

However, because of that sticky label, the team at cust svc cannot ID the guitar. Their best guess is that it's from 2008. They claim they've not made any that had the bulky, locking style of the usb port. The neck inlay says it's a model EC-USB. It resembles a 200 BC QM. I wonder if it could be a knock off version.

I will try to get some pics posted up. Meanwhile, has anyone heard of a model EC-USB?

Greg M.

Trying to post some pics.

Pushead

I believe this was part of a small run of guitars made to work with the "video game" Rockband (or something similar).  I think you could plug-in via the USB and use it to control the game and lessons to learn how to play guitar.

Greg M.

That's more than I knew, so thanks. It seems like overkill for a "gamer guitar".

Pushead

Well, it was a way for the "Guitar Hero" types to learn how to actually play the guitar.  I think there are still people that use it. 

Not exactly the best example, but you get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHomRfe2vow

Post to Thread