EC1000 VB Authenticity

Updated
EC1000 VB Authenticity

Hi!

I just bought an used EC-1000 VB. In the back shows KOREA [SERIAL NUMBER] but also you can see "MADE IN JAPAN" just above the ESP logo, that make me doubt about it's authenticity.

The circuits aren't originals, may be a pickup change... and I'm working on it because it was terribly done.

The sound it's good, sounds like as you can spect from EMG's 81/85 pickups (I have an ESP, so I know the sound) and the guitar is pretty intonated.

I have never seen another EC-1000 VB, and the KOREA/JAPAN thing keeps me thinking about it...

Can you help me to identify this guitar please? SN: R125829

Thanks in advance!

Pushead

Yeah, Thiago it's fine.

thiago f.

Thank you friend .You think it would be good to put a earvanna nut? Why esp stopped putting this nut?

Pushead

I wouldn't bother.  It was sort of a gimmic.

Romain J.

Hi guys, I just bought the same guitar with serial number R125829, I am also very afraid that's a fake one. This is my first LTD so I don't know how to check if it's a real one or not. Sounf seems good, Below some pics:

Can you help me ? If you need additional pics tell me ! (And sorry for my english I am french...)

Thx in advance.

Nathan S.

Hate to break it to you man, but I really think that is a fake. I can't believe some one is out there faking LTD's but apparently they are. Horn shape on that one is wrong, spacing between control knobs appears uneven, and something about the printing on the back of the headstock just looks wrong. Guitar should look like this. 

Pushead

I agree, it's a fake. Sorry Romain.

Romain J.

Thanks for your help. Now I will try to get back my money from the original owner..fight is coming..  FYI I found this guitar on Aliexpress for about 250/300$.

DR

Hi again,

I was lucky and after a couple of months I was able to get my money back (about a year ago...).

Details you have to look:

1) wiring and soldering should be flawless (no burned cables or cold joints)

2) the body should be carved under the volume and tone knowbs, same for the pickup switch (Original)

3) No "MADE IN JAPAN" in the neck (oposite side of the nut) (Fake)

4) Tummy cut is smaller on original guitars (Original vs Fake)

5) Locking tuners vs regular tuners in fake one (Original vs Fake)

6) cut away back have a cut in the original one (Original vs Fake)

Hope it helps...

Pushead
Romain J. wrote:

Thanks for your help. Now I will try to get back my money from the original owner..fight is coming..  FYI I found this guitar on Aliexpress for about 250/300$.

Anything on that site should raise a red flag. Aliexpress is notorious for having counterfeit products.

DR

Message to ESP: can you report this? aliexpress.com Link

Post to Thread