EC1000 VB Authenticity

Updated
EC1000 VB Authenticity

Hi!

I just bought an used EC-1000 VB. In the back shows KOREA [SERIAL NUMBER] but also you can see "MADE IN JAPAN" just above the ESP logo, that make me doubt about it's authenticity.

The circuits aren't originals, may be a pickup change... and I'm working on it because it was terribly done.

The sound it's good, sounds like as you can spect from EMG's 81/85 pickups (I have an ESP, so I know the sound) and the guitar is pretty intonated.

I have never seen another EC-1000 VB, and the KOREA/JAPAN thing keeps me thinking about it...

Can you help me to identify this guitar please? SN: R125829

Thanks in advance!

Pushead

That's a fake.  Though it looks like someone put actual EMGs into it.

DR

I have changed my ESP KH-2 81s for other pickups for a while... so I don't think the poorly done circuits are enough to say it is a fake...

Do you have other reasons?

AK

The size of the ESP logo at the back, the size of the serial number, the font of Deluxe and the battery compartment looks pretty suspect to me. Oh and the tuners. 

Pushead

And the cavity shape, no finish in the cavity, thin neck binding, 12th fret inlay font, truss rod cover, the "Made in Japan" doesn't appear to be a sticker, headstock shape appears off, the "tummy cut" is wrong, the cutaway for the horn is wrong...

Sorry dude, I hadn't read that you have already bought it.  Hopefully there is a way for you to return it.

Pushead

Here's a few nice photos of an EC-1000 for you to compare, if you'd like to see for yourself.  The photos of the back might be the most telling.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EC1000STBC

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EC1000VB

DR

Thanks for your feedback!

yes, the back looks very different from every picture I can find in internet... T_T no cutaway and the tummy cut doesn't match.

I already sent the pictures to customer support, I hope they can confirm the autenticity.

Nathan S.
DR wrote:

Thanks for your feedback!

yes, the back looks very different from every picture I can find in internet... T_T no cutaway and the tummy cut doesn't match.

I already sent the pictures to customer support, I hope they can confirm the autenticity.

There is no authenticity to confirm. It is a fake, no ifs ands or buts. I own 2 EC1000VB, the one in your pictures is not even close.

Nathan S.

Wow, I have heard rumors of fake LTD's, but this is the first one I have seen pictures of. I always figured there would not be enough profit to be made in faking a non flagship brand name.

ESPEXP

How much did you pay for it? If the price was too good to be true, then its a fake.

DR

the price was in the range that this model is always sold in my country...

ESPEXP

I don't know any guitar company that would send out a guitar with the cavity looking like that.

Nathan S.

DR

Thanks a lot! useful pictures!

when it was build?

Nathan S.
DR wrote:

Thanks a lot! useful pictures!

when it was build?

This one is a 2009, and I think my other is an 11 if I remember right.

Pushead

Yeah, OP's serial number doesn't even have enough digits.  Is the EC-1000 an ebony fretboard?  That's one more strike against it, I'm afraid.

It really sucks that he got scammed.  I hope he can return it.

DR

Yes, it sucks, isn't cheap in my country... even used ones.

I think the guy who sold it to me was scammed too, I'm the third owner. I'm talking with him about it...

Nathan S.

With EMG is Ebony board, with Duncan's is rosewood board.

Nathan S.

With Duncan's 

Nathan S.

With EMG'S 

thiago f.

I can not create a new topic. so I'll ask here.

I bought the guitar online and arrived today, the first thing that caught my attention was that did not come with certificate of authenticity, and the second the nut is different from that seen on the official website.
Below are some photos of the guitar. could you help me to see if it is true or false? I paid about $ 1100.

I do not know if this model should come with a certificate. But my guitar did not come with.

and the nut, I saw most of the photos is a compensated nut. And mine is a simple nut.

thiago f.

thiago f.

Nathan S.

LTD'S do not come with any form of COA. They stopped putting the Earvanna compensated nut on LTD'S after 2010 I believe, yours is a 2015. It looks good to me, the only thing that looks off is the control cavity cover is different from my EC's. But my EC'S are all older. The one on yours is the same as my ESP Eclipse, so I am assuming they just changed what cover they are using on the LTD'S nowadays. 

Post to Thread