Anyone else here have something with Evertune?

Updated
yuppicide

I've

yuppicide

This is so frustrating. No matter what I post here it says I can't post html links. I am not posting any. How do I ask for help when I can't post?

yuppicide

I also can't edit my original post. I click edit and type something in and it says "reply must not be blank". It's not blank!

yuppicide

I've played guitar before. Had a few actual lessons and some with Rocksmith 2014 on PC. I had a Les Paul Special II. $150 or so. I was getting bored with it and I was going on vacation, so I sold it and my amp about a year ago. Someone got a hell of a deal.

Anyway, I always had it in my mind to get a better guitar. Would I get the same guitar I was unhappy with and upgrade the pickups? A talk to people online, they said instead of getting a guitar in the $150-$200 range, go for the $300 range. I'd get a much better guitar.

I said f- it and went up to to the $1100 range without much hesitation. ESP LTD EC-1000 Evertune in black. I also picked up the Line 6 Amplifi 75 amp.

As soon as I got the guitar I had locking guitar straps put on and Ernie Ball Power Slinky strings. Since I heard sometimes putting in the locking guitar strap could require a longer screw and drilling the hole bigger, I had a guitar luthier do it for me. He put on the strings and tuned it as well. I didn't want to touch anything.

Now I know Rocksmith might not be totally reliable for tuning, but it said I was out of tune and wouldn't let me continue, so I had to figure out how to tune this myself.

After watching the videos on Evertune's website, I have NO freakin clue how to tune this!!!

The videos show to put it into zone 2. That's easy enough. Loosen up the headstock tuning peg, pull the string, and see if the rocker moves. Done.

Then insert the hex key and turn it. Done. Can't figure out how to get it in tune.

I watched videos on the net that show a guy turning the headstock tuning peg and the string still makes the same note no matter what. When I turn the headstock tuning peg, it actual changes the note. If I do it that way I can get it to tune. If I do it with the hex key nothing happens.

I'm ready to get rid of this thing and I've only had it since Friday. That's just the frustration talking.

yuppicide

There I got it to post by doing a reply to my own post..

yuppicide

I watched someone else's video on YouTube. I've get A and D in tune. E gives me trouble. G gives me trouble. G comes up as E hi or B or D. Just so confused.

yuppicide

Anyway, I'm all good now. I walked away and came back when I wasn't mad. I emailed Evertune, they answered very quickly. Whatever it was, watching a different video or them saying something eitherway I got it. It's not that hard.

Post to Thread