Is this LTD EC-1000 vb Vintage Black fake?

Updated
Is this LTD EC-1000 vb Vintage Black fake?

Ehy guys! How is it going?

I am new to this forum and that's my very first post  

I'm writing because recently I've been crazy looking around for a nice "Les Paul shape" guitar to play metal stuff and I found a good option in the LTD ec-1000 vintage black. EMG Pickups, mahogany everywhere, ebony fingerboard (that was pretty important for me, because I'm in love with that), great sound, great feeling, totally love it!

Looking around on the internet I found this one from Italy (pictures below), it's second hand and it has a damage on the back that makes it pretty affortable, but...

I'm not 100% sure that this is a real, legit ltd ec-1000 vb, because I was checking the serial number, and for example the LTDs from Korea, the serial number starts with K, here with R...and the tuners are ESP but they look pretty cheap compare to the ones I've seen in other EC-1000 models (ec1000 black and ec1000T for example).

Can you guys help me to figure out if it's a legit EC-1000 or a fake one?

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people more experienced than me and maybe people that own the same model.

Thank you all for your help \m/

Carmine

Pushead

I don't have tons of experience with the LTD line of guitars, but the two EC1000S I've played haven't had the dish in the back at the lower horn. The guitar looks to be a 2005 (or 2008, it's hard to read the serial number in the photo) so things may have changed since then.

Hardware all seems good and right. Hopefully someone with more experience with the LTD comes across this.

Metalgarri

Hi,

Well, I think the shape at the corners change depending on the model. For example the EC1000T I tried was with sharp edges, while the 1000black was a bit more similar to this one.

The serial of this one is R0810661 (or R0610661, not 100% sure). It should be a 2006/2008 LTD in theory, but I couldn't find a single LTD on the internet, from 2006/2008 made in Korea, which serial starts in R.

Also, the body is supposed to be mahogany, so isn't the color of the wood that can be seen from the damage too light to be mahogany? just wondering...I'm not a wood expert... 

Thank you for your help!

Nathan S.

It's legit. I have 2 EC1000VB. One with duncan, one with emg. One of my S/N starts with U, the other W. I believe the first letter of the serial # is the factory code, correct Pus?? Not a country code. Yes, standard EC1000 has belly relief, and relief behind horn. I also have a EC1000T, no relief at all on those, and thicker body.

Nathan S.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it does look like some one changed it from the factory 81/60 to 81/81 ?

Metalgarri

Yes!

The owner says 81 and 85 at neck position...probably was the standard configuration back in 2006...

Nathan S.

Oh ok, it was hard to see the emg letter coloring for sure but I could tell it wasn't 81/60. 

Metalgarri

Anyway, you say that in the end it's a legit LTD, isn't it?

I wanted to check because it's plenty of chinese copy of everything on the internet... 

Nathan S.

Yes, it's good to go

Jean-Francois C.

i have the same question. do you think mind is real or fake?

Pushead

It's real.

Alphonse D.

anyone ? I received sales ofer for this gear....has me a bit curious about it.......it´s supposed to be a EC1000BL emg 81/60

Pushead

The photos are a bit small, but it looks okay.

Alphonse D.

Thanks mate....it´s always good to have a second opinion

monsalvespino

Hi guys, i wanna buy a second hand ltd ec 1000 deluxe vb, but im not sure its legit, can you help me?

Thx in advance

Pushead

It's legit.

monsalvespino

Thx m8¡

Adil

Can anyone say is it real or copy !

Adil

Here r more pictures 

Post to Thread