Questions about my new LTD B-50

Updated
 Questions about my new LTD B-50

I just received mt LTD-B-50 (my first bass guitar) and was surprised that it uses a battery since I knew it had "passive" pickups. Is the battery for the "tone control"? Should the B-50 function (with an amplifier) without a battery? Is the tone knob the one farthest from the neck? What exactly does it do?

The B-50 came with an allen wrench that fits the truss rod adjustment, and a smaller allen wrench. What is the smaller one for? It is too big to fit the saddle height adjustment screws on the bridge. What size of wrench will fit those screws?

Regards,

Mike

Pushead
Michael S. wrote:

If the bass were re-wired to bypass the "tone boost/EQ/preamp" unit, would the pickups produce enough of a signal to be amplified?

If the "tone boost/EQ/preamp" unit is at fault for the noise, then why does the middle knob (presumably the volume for the bridge pickup) control the volume of the noise?

Because you're supplying (and then using the Tone Boost to amplify) more noise from the single coil pickup.

If you like how it sounds better with it off, then leave it off.

Any chance to play the bass through a bass amplifier?

Michael  S.

I took the bass to a professional who said the level of noise was normal.  He explained that the B-50 will tend to make more noise than my EC-50 due to the active electronics.  

Post to Thread