New here - Just got a LTD EC-1000

Updated
New here - Just got a LTD EC-1000

Yesterday I traded my Line 6 HD500 (wasn't using) for this ESP LTD EC1000.

Flamed top, Sperzel locking tuners, Duncan JB/'59 pups, Earvnana nut, TonePros Bridge/Tail, Abalone flags and binding, and HSC.  (but then you folks know whats in them) Very well built, plays great, pretty as hell. She only has a headstock chip (to be fixed later) and light worming on the back at the very bottom. The seller said she was a 2008, turns out after checking with ESP, she is a 2004. And these pics were before I stripped, cleaned, polished, and oiled her.

Nice to be here.

tx-ogre

Sweeeeeeeet!

david s.

Thats a sweet axe and sounds like you almost stole it, this is my ec 401 fr got it this spring and I love it, the build quality is awesome even on the ltd line! Btw if you're on fb look up the forum guitar acquisition syndrome g.a.s. for short, it's a place to go to share pics and love of the guitar without all the "this brand is better than that" bs, see ya there

Auriemma

Thanks.  I know what GAS is...  I suffer from it terminally (one day my wife may kill me).  I joined the group.  I just haven't had the opportunity to read much or post yet.

As for the new baby, I set the neck relief, got the action down... Very Nice.  Love the way she feels and plays, the SD pups sound great.  The weight a just right.  I did add strap locks, the location of the one on the upper bout is NOT ideal  (strap kept slipping off).

One question... were Amber bell knobs on all ECs or were mine switched out for Tele knobs?

Brian T.

Oh very nice catch on your EC-1000. Back in September I had some serious GAS for a 7 string found a guy on Craigslist that was selling a LTD EC-407 sevenstring for $300 bucks and it's in the satin white finish. I contacted the guy and got it.  Love the EC/eclipse guitars great weight, comfortable and just all around great guitars with amazing build quality.  Also as someone whos first "real guitar" was a Gibson LP Studio compared to the Gibson to me the LTD and the ESP EC/eclipse guitars are leaps and bounds above the Gibsons.  More comfortable necks and as you can see in your great pics that carve on the back of the cutaway makes playing the EC guitars more comfortable especially to get to the higher frets. 

Post to Thread