difference between LTD EC 1000 vs EC 500

Updated
Chubb C.

maybe the question came up before but oh well.. So I have both ec's and other than the tuners and bridge (both guitars have spezels and gotoh b&tp.. What other differences am I missing.. The quality on both are great and were made at the same factory.. Does the lesser # mean lesser quality? I'm thinking the 500 was discontinued because of the 1000.. What am I missing...

Adam KasnyĆ³czki

Probably mostly cosmetic, as I've looked after it ppl usually mentioned the bridge and tuners as the 1000 series I think have locking ones. Can't think of any other. By the specs they should be around the same and I don't think the quality would be worse. I think it should be around the 401. Some sites mention maple necks and tops, not sure on these though.

Chubb C.

the necks are different maple on the 500 mahogany on the 1000. I prefer maple anyway. Grocers on the 500, I put sperzel locking tuners on mine. LTD locking tuners on the 1000. Standard bridge and to on the 500, locking on the 1000. $ for $ I'm for the 500 over the 1000..

tony z.

does the sperzel stays in tune better? the G string sometimes is a problem for me, and i want a solution not so expensive

Joakim O.
tony z. wrote:

does the sperzel stays in tune better? the G string sometimes is a problem for me, and i want a solution not so expensive

If strings doesn't stay in tune it has nothing to do with the tuners. It's either the nut or the bridge causing the problem. Oh, and forget the myth that locking tuners keeps a guitar better and longer in tune.

Post to Thread