LTD M-17, black chrome hardware???

Updated
LTD M-17, black chrome hardware???

I know that there have been a few different versions of this guitar: -Black, -Candy Apple Red, -Black Satin, which is most common. And I also know that thess usually come with with chrome hardware. However, I found one today that seems to be black - not quite Black Satin, but yet not a full on gloss black either. But the thing I find odd is the hardware on it. It is definitely NOT chrome, but it has black chrome hardware on it...

Can anyone confirm that there have been a few of these made and realesed with black chrome hardware instead of chrome?

And for the price of $100 for a mint condition, incrediblely awesome playin one, I couldn't say no. Another awesome project in the works, with at least a new set of pickups a minimum requirement for it. And if the cleaning of the hardware don't come out good, then I will either do a black or maybe a chrome hardware swap on it... Not quite sure which way I wanna do this one yet - pickups, hardware color, tuning & string guages... A blank slate with lots of potential with this one!!!

Will post pics once it comes in, or the next time I go and play it...

Post to Thread