LTD neck thickness

Updated
Aap m.

Hello,

Recently I borrow my friends Viper deluxe and really enjoyed playing the thin neck. Since your website states that all guitars have the "thin U" neck, I got myself an EC-256FM LD, 'cause I prefer the shape. The neck however is noticeably thicker compared to the Viper. I was wondering what models have that thin neck I'm looking for? Would the EC-401 make a difference? Since the official website is no help at all, is there a list with different models and neck thickness?

Zhalman

I'd try in the same range as the deluxe and try them out if you can. Not sure if you can find a list with neck thickness

FonzyBrookestone
Aap m. wrote:

Hello,

Recently I borrow my friends Viper deluxe and really enjoyed playing the thin neck. Since your website states that all guitars have the "thin U" neck, I got myself an EC-256FM LD, 'cause I prefer the shape. The neck however is noticeably thicker compared to the Viper. I was wondering what models have that thin neck I'm looking for? Would the EC-401 make a difference? Since the official website is no help at all, is there a list with different models and neck thickness?

Same here. I bought an EC 1000 and loved the neck!! So, then I bought a TE 212 with the same "Thin U" neck, but if feels nothing like the EC 1000. I got a 2nd EC 1000, and the neck feels the same as the first, I also bought a TE 202 and its the fattest neck, and heaviest of all 4 guitars. I had a Viper 1000 for a short time, that felt close to the EC. 

Danijel J.

According to ESP, ALL of their guitars have a "thin U" necks, but this is far from truth... I have an EC 1000 which has an absolutely wonderful neck, and not only that, it just plays like a dream, the overall feel of the guitar is excelent! I had an MH 1000FR which also had a great neck and awesome feel to it; tried friend's MH 350NT - great neck also. However I made a BIG mistake buying MH 2015 without trying it (wasn't available in my country, and since it was limited, I rushed and ordered it). Loved the color, loved that it didn't have abalone binding like MH 1000, figured that for that much money, it would be the same (feel and playability wise) if not better than MH deluxe line. First of all, the neck is not "thin U profile" at all, more like "chubby U", second, the feel is just weird, I wont start a rant about it here, but I really regret buying this guitar...

Bottom line - please try a guitar before you buy it.

Aap m.

Isn't that weird? It's like you have to guess what kind of neck you'll get, 'cause all they will tell you is that they're definitely all the same. I agree on the try before you buy part though...

I asked the customer service the same question but their anwser is hilarious: "...instruments made of wooden material, by their very nature, are prone to slight variations between them. As long as these variations are within our overall margin for error, they are not considered to be defective or b-stock."

ESP... I'm not stupid, I can tell when there is an obvious difference, not a slight variation...

It makes me wonder about ESP's overall margin for error. I'm guessing the neck has to be atleast the size of a baseball bat before it's considered to be defective or b-stock? Since all other variations are 'normal'.

Post to Thread