Single purpose EC 500

Updated
Chubb C.

ust got it today when I got home. Price was awesome! Came with sperzel locking tuners, Gotoh bridge and tailpiece and what I assumed was a missing knob.. Its a thin paddle 2 way switch for the bridge and the b&n together. It's wired to one pot. No neck alone, upper switch has no wires connected to it and no tone which makes me think its a pure metal machine. Any thoughts?

shupe13

Congrats! Beautiful guitar!!

Zhalman

Nice but I'd wire the neck and the pots/switch back, I like having more options. Looks sweet, enjoy it!

Chubb C.

yeah, I'm thinking about that.. I rarely use the neck pickup anyway BUT I am going to re wire the Tone pot. Not sure why the previous owner would disconnect it. Might even go back to the grovers.. I'm not really feeling the sperzels..

Chubb C.

just put in the emg wiring conversion kit to make the guitar whole again!before

After

Josh in NY

Any shots of that mini toggle switch from the back, where it wires up?? How many wires were going to it? A white, 2x black, a green and a red? Usually, a mini switch like that is a PA-2 preamp boost. If that is the case, than you could consider using an EMG A25KX2 concentric (stacked dual control) pot for a dual volume, move the tone control up one hole, and wire that PA-2 back in for the extra gain...

Chubb C.

maybe in the future ill do a boost switch but for right now I like the stock setup. Here's the switch.

Post to Thread