help! is my ltd f-200 original, fake or modified?

Updated
Omarello Maldini

hi everybody

Less than two years ago I purchased this guitar and esp ltd f -200 with active EMG pickups and afterburner, very comfortable , good sound , and at a good price (less than 150 bucks). some aesthetic details, but what caught my attention was that In the headstock says ESP instead of ltd, besides is not angled like the originals the guitar is made ​​in korea between 2000 and 2003 if I'm not wrong . i haven't seen this in any other ltd. I asked the previous owner and told me he changed (the ESP logo) but it seem very well done , so i don't believe him .

By the way in the back of the headstock says "korea serial number W0246093 

I'm about to make a paint job to this guitar, fix all the rust parts in the floyd rose change pickups and give it a good setup to start recording this year. But first, i want to make sure if this guitar y real, fake or modified

Pushead

The serial number and the body look legit.  The headstock shape, arrow inlays and (obviously) the logo are giving me pause.  I don't have a lot of experience with the F style guitars, but the headstock looks strangely shapped to me.

Omarello Maldini

i send an e mail to ESP and they told me that, based on the serial number and pictures, it is legit.

it is a 2002 model made in korea

Josh in NY

Yes,it is a legit guitar. It's an LTD, and it has been modified. It is possible that the EMG's came stock, but more than likely it was modified with them and the Afterburner after it was bought. The logo is easy enough to put on there and clear coat over. But he used the wrong logo - he should have used the script logo instead of the block one to make the look more authentic.

Ray Grimm

I just bought a used F-50, the pickups aren't even emgs or the ESP custom pickups. The solder job in the back is horrible with some solder holding copper tape in place and the are all wonky... The pickup switch is hard to explain. The headstock looks just like yours but still says Ltd and to top it all off, it says made in China with a code starting with L. I don't think we can convince ESP to give us new guitars lol 

Post to Thread