LTD VIPER 30th Anniversary

Updated
LTD VIPER 30th Anniversary

Hi Everybody,

I'm very happy to join this forum! Since 2 weeks i'm a happy owner of an LTD Viper 30th Anniversary, i bought it for a very cheap price...At beginning i was looking for a Gibson SG Standard, because i already own a Jackson Soloist upgraded with EMG (81/S/S) and with my band we are looking to play some 80's rock and metal. The problem with SG was the fretboard i was looking for ebony fretboard, my jackson ha a basswood one, so when i saw this ltd i've fallen in love...My problem now is the pickups, my jackson has already a great metal sound and i'm looking to have a different one on this ltd, having two guitars that play the same sound is useless for me, so i would like to swap the pickups. Looking around i found that a good choice would be to put a DiMarzio super distortion in the bridge and a DiMarzio Paf Pro in the neck. The problem is that i cannot try them and looking on youtube didn't help...Anybody of you has tried them? Is the right choice to get an 80's rock/hard rock/Metal sound? I swapped my Seymour Duncan Jb on my jackson would it be better than di marzio on my ltd? I like a warm sound, and i will use the ltd mainly for rock/hard rock, i have the jackson for Metal, what do you suggest? Are there better alternatives? Thanks!  

Vallen Vulpiano
DiG wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I'm very happy to join this forum! Since 2 weeks i'm a happy owner of an LTD Viper 30th Anniversary, i bought it for a very cheap price...At beginning i was looking for a Gibson SG Standard, because i already own a Jackson Soloist upgraded with EMG (81/S/S) and with my band we are looking to play some 80's rock and metal. The problem with SG was the fretboard i was looking for ebony fretboard, my jackson ha a basswood one, so when i saw this ltd i've fallen in love...My problem now is the pickups, my jackson has already a great metal sound and i'm looking to have a different one on this ltd, having two guitars that play the same sound is useless for me, so i would like to swap the pickups. Looking around i found that a good choice would be to put a DiMarzio super distortion in the bridge and a DiMarzio Paf Pro in the neck. The problem is that i cannot try them and looking on youtube didn't help...Anybody of you has tried them? Is the right choice to get an 80's rock/hard rock/Metal sound? I swapped my Seymour Duncan Jb on my jackson would it be better than di marzio on my ltd? I like a warm sound, and i will use the ltd mainly for rock/hard rock, i have the jackson for Metal, what do you suggest? Are there better alternatives? Thanks!  

Maybe try putting a Seymour Duncan P90 in bridge position and Pearly Gates in neck position, or possibly a dimebucker

DiG

Thank you very much! At the end I choose a '59 for neck and a dimarzio super distortion for the bridge. I think it will be a very good combination!Else I will try some other one. Bye

Post to Thread