FX-260 Hardware

Updated
FX-260 Hardware

Hi all so I recently purchased ltd FX-260.  I've swapped to JH signature EMG's.  I want to update the Tune - o - matic stop tail and the tuning machines.  I'm going with tone pro for the Tune o matic, but I'm not sure about the tuning machines because of the screw placement.  I was looking at getting locking sperzels but the screw placement doesn't match or am I not finding the right one?  I saw in the catalog for ESP that the ESP version has Sperzels.  Would I need to put new holes in it?  I'd rather not do that.  So if I can't use the sperzels which brand of tuning machines that's better than what came with it would you guys recommend?

Pushead

You can remove the pin on the Sperzel tuners, which allows installation without drilling new holes.

Bubbles

Oh I didn't know that.  Ok cool.

Nathan S.

You could also use Sperzel ez mounts. Rather than the pin, they basically have 2 little barbs that stick out and bite into the wood when you tighten them down. I put them on my v200 and exp200, they worked great with no drilling. You will still have the old screw holes from the previous tuners showing, but that's just cosmetic.

Post to Thread