Neck / headstock mark on EC-10

Updated
Brian W.

Good day all - hope this hasn't been discussed already, but I recently received an LTD EC-10 as a gift, and it differs a bit from the pics I see online.  The only difference is that the EC-10 nomenclature badge that I see on the guitar neck is absent, instead being stamped on the truss rod cover.  Is this just a newer (cheaper) way to mark the lower end models?  Obviously it doesn't have any impact on the guitar's playability, but I'm curious.  I received the guitar as a gift, but it was ordered from a reputable dealer and registered fine here.  The guitar that I have is one of those made in Vietnam, if that makes any difference.

Aaron W.

I have the same guitar (with the badge on the truss rid cover). I believe it is simply because it's an earlier model EC-10.  The new ones have exact same specs but the badge on the neck.

This has been a real solid guitar for a ridiculously low price.  Hope you are enjoying yours!

Brian W.

Makes sense.  Loving the neck and enjoying the ride - hope you are as well. Way more comfortable for me than Gibby single cuts. 

Post to Thread