Help to verify beautiful but fake LTD F-200??

Updated
damon k.

i bought this guitar a while back from someone from China, the back of the headstock has a yellow sticker with serial number CS20110230189 (this serial number doesn't match the expected pattern from google) and nothing else. if i remove the sticker, there is nothing printed about its origins and alternate serial number. 

it looks pretty and plays nice, but why would anyone want to fake a F-200? its an entry model!

could this be a prototype or something? can someone help me? anyone seen this before?

RZK

Show me detailed pictures of the Floyd Rose, the fretboard, the headstock, front and back, and the body, front and back.

I can't tell you anything right now.

damon k.

ok heres everything:

Pushead

Nope.  Not real.

RZK

Interesting, but not genuine. You can see the L cut off on the headstock, tuners are wrong, never seen them with "LTD" on them, never seen a serial number like that, truss rod cover is wrong, bridge is wrong, back cavity covers are wrong.

May I ask where is China you got it? Did you order it online? They fake everything. Epiphones are the most fakes guitars out there. They fake a lot of LTDs, too. Epiphone and LTD both have factories in China, and a lot of these fakes are actually made by the people who make the real deal, on the same machines.

If it's nice and plays well, that's great. Just don't try to pass it off as something it isn't.

damon k.

it was bought from a shop in Beijing, from a street full of shops selling musical instruments, and they claim it was original. oh wells. 

thanks for your help!

Post to Thread